Verizon FiOS Bundles Now Come With 150 New Reasons Not to Settle for Old-Fashioned Cable
There's no reason to settle for clunker cable service when Verizon now offers $150 back on a selection of FiOS double- and triple-play bundles that deliver the ultimate home-entertainment and broadband experience.
Verizon's new promotional offers begin Monday (Sept. 21) and continue through Dec. 31. In addition to a $150 Visa prepaid card, new customers ordering qualifying bundles also will receive a 24-month price guarantee and a free premium installation. New FiOS triple-play customers who order qualifying mid-tier and top-tier bundles will receive their choice of HBO and Cinemax movie channels or an International Language Package, at no additional charge for three months.
Existing FiOS customers who add a qualifying new FiOS TV or Internet service also are eligible for the Verizon Visa prepaid card and the two-year price guarantee. Plus, customers who sign up online get an added $5 a month off their monthly price for voice service for one year.
"With more HD, tons of video on demand, advanced interactive features and superior DVR technology - plus America's top-rated broadband service - FiOS is the smart choice over cable," said John Wimsatt, senior vice president of marketing for Verizon Telecom. "Our new promotion provides extra incentives to upgrade to FiOS - the only service that's delivered over an all-fiber network, straight to your home."
Details regarding the new promotion, qualifying bundles and service availability can be found at www.verizon.com/deal.
Verizon FiOS delivers services that go beyond what's available from other providers and include:
- Superior Programming: More than 500 all-digital channels, more than 115 HD channels and more than 16,000 video-on-demand titles each month, all with stunning picture-and-sound quality.
- Multi-Room DVR: Use one DVR to record programming that can be viewed on up to six other TV sets throughout the home. Watch up to three separately recorded shows on three different TV sets, simultaneously. Pause a recorded show in one room and finish viewing it in another. Stream recorded programs in standard-definition or high-definition formats.
- Media Manager: Allows FiOS DVR customers to access personal photos, videos and music from their home computers and play them on their TVs, where they look and sound the best. Subscribers also can search for and enjoy online videos from blip.tv, Dailymotion and Veoh on their TVs.
- Remote DVR Management: Verizon FiOS TV customers can remotely manage their DVRs either online or through any Internet-enabled cell phone. On-the-go FiOS TV subscribers can remotely review, change or add recording requests; delete recorded programs; browse and search TV and video-on-demand listings; set parental controls; and more.
- Widget Bazaar: FiOS TV's applications marketplace features robust, free interactive services from Verizon and its partners, including:
- Facebook: FiOS TV subscribers with Facebook accounts can log in to Facebook through the FiOS TV Widget to update their Facebook status with messages about what they're watching, view their own photos, and view their friends' photos and status updates.
- Twitter: FiOS TV subscribers can send and follow Tweets related specifically to the program, movie or sporting event they are watching, bringing a new level of community and interactivity to watching TV. They also can search for and view their friends' Tweets, select from a list of top topics to view Tweets associated with today's hottest topics and trends, search for specific Tweets, and create and save a favorite-topics list for Tweets they want to keep up on.
- RedZone Widget: One-stop access to NFL stats and the RedZone channel. Customers who subscribe to the RedZone channel can set on-screen alerts for whenever a team is moving inside its opponent's 20-yard line. The alerts, once set, pop up at the bottom of the TV screen while subscribers are watching any channel.
- ESPN Fantasy Sports: Provides instant on-screen access to personalized ESPN Fantasy Football points and football statistics, including rosters, box scores, scoring leaders and player information. All the information is available, at no additional charge, for FiOS TV customers who are registered ESPN Fantasy Football players.
- America's Top Rated Broadband: Ultra-fast, two-way broadband connection speeds of up to 50 Mbps downstream and 20 Mbps upstream that free customers to fully participate in today's interactive, multimedia Web.
- Free Wi-Fi: All customers whose bundles include an up-to-25/15 megabits per second or faster connection receive free access to thousands of Wi-Fi connections across the U.S. as part of their broadband service.
- Value-Added Broadband Services: FiOS Internet also provides a gateway to other valuable Verizon services, including Verizon Internet Security Suite, Verizon Online Backup & Sharing and Premium Technical Support. FiOS Internet has been rated No. 1 for three consecutive years by readers of PCMag.com.