Verizon's FiOS TV Customers Now Have Access to Exclusive New England Patriots Programs
For avid New England Patriots fans who just can't get enough of the Flying Elvises, Verizon has them well-covered.
Verizon announced Thursday (Oct. 1) that a wide variety of cable-exclusive New England Patriots programming will now be available, free of charge, 24 hours a day to FiOS TV subscribers in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
Verizon's on-demand service, called FiOS1 Local Zone, is part of the company's multiyear marketing partnership with the Patriots and features the following programs:
- Bill Belichick news conferences.
- Tom Brady news conferences.
- Patriots Locker Room, with player reactions after each game.
- Patriots Monday, the weekly WEEI radio interviews with Coach Belichick.
- Patriots Today, a daily show hosted by Kristin Akra featuring reports, commentary and analysis of the team.
- Patriots All Access, an inside look from the practice field.
- Press Pass, a behind-the-scenes look at Patriots activities.
- Patriots Cheerleaders biographies.
- Video of "The Making of the Patriots Cheerleader Calendar."
More Patriots programming will be added in the coming weeks.
"Patriots fans who are FiOS TV customers will be blown away by the programs available to them," said Ellen Corcoran, Verizon senior vice president of marketing. "Our Patriots programming is just another example of the terrific content you can get on FiOS TV and you can't get from cable companies."
The New England Patriots Web site is the only other place where this content is available, but, as Corcoran pointed out, watching it on FiOS on a big screen HD TV "is an amazing experience."
As a tie-in to the Patriots programming, Verizon, the team's official telecommunications partner, is giving away four great seats and a VIP package to the Nov. 22 rematch with the New York Jets. Fans can enter to win by playing the Patriots Gridiron Challenge at patriots.com/gridironchallenge. Entry deadline is Nov. 8.
In addition to Patriots programming, FiOS Local Zone also features other exclusive regional TV programming, including Community Auditions, auto racing, and men's and women's college sports. (Subscribers can find FiOS1 Local Zone by clicking the On Demand button on their remote, then scrolling to FiOS Local Zone or by typing in "Local Zone" on the search bar.)