More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
It’s day one of Hans Vestberg as CEO of Verizon.
You’ll get to know Hans better in the weeks and months ahead, but here are a few things about our new leader you should know.
1. Following his appointment in June, he’s been out in the field meeting V Teamers.
4. He’s an interesting guy.
Got a minute? Learn a few things.
Got 30 minutes? Learn even more.
Get to know more about our new CEO.
- Hometown: Hudiksvall, Sweden
- Business Administration degree from the Uppsala University, Sweden, 1991
- Has lived in China, Sweden, Chile Brazil and now the United States.
- CFO for Ericsson in Brazil, 1998 - 2000
- CFO for Ericsson in North America and controller for North and South America, 2000 - 2002
- President for Ericsson in Mexico, 2002-2003
- Chief Financial Officer for Ericsson, 2007 to 2009.
- CEO for Ericsson, January 1, 2010 - 25 July 25, 2016.
- Chairman of the Swedish Handball Association 2007–2016
- Trainer of IFK Stocksund P02, a handball team in Stockholm
- President of the Swedish Olympic Committee, 2016 - 2018
- Joined Verizon as Executive Vice President of Network and Technology, April 3, 2017
- Named Verizon Chief Executive Officer June 8, 2018