For the second year in a row, Verizon has scored a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index. The 2014 CEI evaluated employment policies and practices and how they support equality for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.
- Inclusion of sexual orientation and gender identity in the company’s Equal Employment Opportunity policy.
- Equal domestic partner medical benefits.
- Supervisor awareness training, company guidelines and diversity measures.
- Recruitment efforts, supplier diversity, marketing and advertising.
- Community partnerships and philanthropic support.
“Verizon fosters diversity and personal development by creating an environment where all employees are provided the resources to achieve success,” said Magda Yrizarry, chief talent and diversity officer, Verizon. “Our policies are designed so we can attract the most talented people. As our Credo says, we embrace diversity not only because it’s the right thing to do but also because it’s smart business.”
The HRC CEI Index surveyed 934 companies including the entire Fortune 500. The average score for all those companies was 83 percent.