Verizon’s 5G First Responder Lab holds Cohort 2 Experience Day in Washington, D.C.
The program represents the second phase in delivering on Verizon and partner Responder Corp’s promise to enable 15 lifesaving first responder technologies with the power of 5G.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
Verizon has been a trusted partner to public safety agencies nationwide for decades, and we are committed to creating the next generation of public safety technology with the 5G First Responder Lab.
The 5G First Responder Lab, created in partnership with Responder Corp, is a first-of-its-kind innovation program that identifies leading lifesaving technology companies from around the globe and gives them access to 5G technology to develop, test and refine 5G solutions for public safety.
The program was unveiled in November 2018 and has since supported two cohorts of companies, representing startups and developers from around the country.
We recently celebrated the graduation of Cohort 2 at a showcase at the Lab in Washington, D.C. Cohort 2’s five companies brought together technologies that focused on Virtual Reality Training and Education for public safety and smart/safe city technology.
Cohort 2 graduates include:
- Asylon: Developers of fully autonomous, persistent drone as a service system optimized for security
- NSENA VR: Creators of virtual reality for law enforcement and corrections, with more than 50 proprietary training
- Pixo VR: Providers of fully immersive and interactive Virtual Reality Training for first responders and other high-stakes professionals
- TwoSix Labs: Networkers of thousands of cost-effective radiation sensors to provide real-time scanning of the radiological environment and real-time alerts and communication
- Waycare: Providers of in-vehicle information and municipal traffic data for predictive insights and proactive traffic management optimization
“We're proud of the great work the companies from Cohort 2 have put forth to support our first responders with enhanced capabilities over 5G,” said Nathanial Wish, co-founder & CEO, Responder Corp. “We're excited for the great things ahead with Cohort 3, including advanced solutions with life-saving technologies that will be further empowered with 5G."
Innovators and entrepreneurs can learn more and apply for future cohorts at 5GFirstResponderLab.com.
Learn more about Verizon’s plans for bringing 5G technology to our customers.
For related media inquiries, please contact email@example.com