Health & wellness
Comprehensive approach, positive outcomes
We believe health, wellness and safety are fundamental to success, and provide comprehensive resources that help V Teamers and their families succeed in life.
- Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to V Teamers and their families 24x7x365.
- Our Resilience Toolbox provides resources that managers and V Teamers can use to support a teammate who may be struggling with challenges at work or home.
Be Well, Work Well
we covered nearly
beneficiaries, investing almost
to deliver healthcare benefits and services alone.
- Our benefits package provides access to high-quality, affordable healthcare coverage that includes medical, dental and vision care along with disability and insurance programs.
We promote a healthy V Team through a comprehensive range of on-site services delivered as part of our “Be Well, Work Well” programs. For example, in 2017:
- More than 6,000 employees received a free health screening for cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure and body mass index.
- More than 14,000 employees received flu shots.
- 637 women age 40+ took advantage of the on-site mammography screenings.
- Verizon employees have access to a wide range of health and wellness resources at any time through the WellConnect portal. This portal hub maintains information on preventive care, tobacco cessation, physical activity, nutrition, mobile tools, wearable devices and much more. In 2017, nearly 56,000 employees used the portal.
- Almost 32,000 team members logged in to their personalized “My Health Vault” to check their Health Assessment score, Health Screening results and Lifestyle Incentive Tracker to keep abreast of their health status, all in one place.
- V Teamers use our 37 Health and Wellness Centers to participate in fitness and wellness activities, plus they have access to discounted memberships at thousands of gyms nationwide.
During 2017, our centers had:
- Nearly 14,000 members
- 7,575 fitness, wellness and community-focused events
- 51,000 personal/group training sessions
- Onsite Run/Walk events with 4,395 participants
- Additional local runs with 3,273 participants