Six Surprising Facts About Verizon
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
Verizon just published its updated Fact Sheet for 2013, which you can download here.
Among the facts cited in this report:
- Verizon’s total number of employees (nearly 177,000) is about the size of the population of Providence, R.I.
- One of the largest investors in America’s technology infrastructure, Verizon invests more than $45 million per day, every day, in its networks ($16.6 billion total).
- Verizon’s 4G LTE wireless broadband network, which didn’t exist until December 2010, is now available to 305 million people in more than 500 markets.
- Verizon employees volunteered 53,500 working days (428,000 hours) to help nonprofits in local communities in 2013.
- By year-end, Verizon had fewer than 1 million consumer customers served by copper wireline technology in the areas where it passes 18.6 million premises with FiOS high-speed fiber-optic services.
- Based in New York City, Verizon has global operations, with more than 200 data centers in 24 countries.