Instilling the confidence to use technology safely and responsibly
Our Content Policy for Verizon networks ensures that content is age-rated, conforms to recognized third-party content-rating systems, when available, and is consistent with industry best practices.
We meet our customers’ need to manage their individual access to content by providing them with an array of content-management tools, including:
- Fios TV parental controls, which go beyond rating-based filters and allow parents to block content by age group, control the display of certain programming and information on the on-screen guide, and even block specific channels or categories.
- My Fios app, that enables parents to control how much time their kids spend online through per-device internet usage limits, and lets parents set daily or weekly time limits on any connected device.
- Enhanced content-filtering tools for smartphones, tablets and computers, offered through a partnership with content-filtering-technology leader Mobicip, that help children make positive choices everywhere they browse.
- FamilyBase, a tool that helps with parenting in the digital world by allowing parents to monitor their child's device activity, set limits on usage, block inappropriate apps and websites and set age-appropriate content filters.
- Verizon Internet Security Suite, which helps protect computers, personal information and children from a wide array of online threats, including hacking and identity theft.
Additional online resources
- The Family Online Safety Institute (FOSI), an international nonprofit of which Verizon is an advisory committee member, is dedicated to making the online world safer for kids and families through enlightened public policy, industry best practices and FOSI’s Good Digital Parenting initiative.
- Growing Wireless, an initiative of industry association CTIA, of which Verizon is a member, is dedicated to giving youth and families knowledge and resources that provide a safe and rewarding wireless experience.
- Family Safeguards and Controls is a website that lets customers follow, share and participate in the ongoing conversation about digital safety and security.
Radio frequency emissions
Verizon provides information on radio frequency emissions in several locations: at verizonwireless.com; on a printed insert in the box of every new or refurbished cell phone that directs customers to our website; and in all Verizon retail stores, where a sign is posted advising that such information is available on request.