Verizon sponsors nine ERGs:
- Asian-Pacific Employees for Excellence
- Black Resource Association of Verizon Employees
- Disabilities Issues Awareness Leaders
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Employees of Verizon and Their Allies
- Hispanic Support Organization
- Native American People of Verizon
- South Asian Professionals Inspiring Corporate Excellence
- Veterans Advisory Board of Verizon
- Women’s Association of
Diversity & Inclusion
Empowering employees, strengthening our culture
We pride ourselves on being a leader in diversity and inclusion, and engaging and empowering our employees and executives are important contributors to that success. Our global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) serve as ambassadors of diversity and inclusion by providing members with opportunities to celebrate their common ties, as well as to network, find and/or act as mentors, learn new skills, impact the business and give back to the community.
We want every member of the V Team to bring their best selves and feel included at work every day. So in addition to engaging thousands of V Teamers through our ERGs, we strengthened our best practices for a diverse and inclusive culture in 2017 by expanding the unconscious bias training initially launched for our entire senior management team. Live workshops and virtual training were launched and will cover all levels of the organization in 2018. As we continue to learn about and discuss the impact of unconscious bias, we will explore opportunities to ensure our policies, practices and systems evolve to reflect that learning.