Summer in Rio: essentials for the athletic adventurer
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
Not content with watching sports on TV and itching to book a ticket to Rio de Janeiro? Give in to your wanderlust and have an experience any sports fan will envy. And with TravelPass, Verizon customers can use their existing data plan to share every gold-medal moment. Check out our essential accessories for staying connected in Brazil below:
- Fala português? With Duolingo, you’ll be rooting like the locals in no time. Download the app and let your competitive spirit power you through easy-to-use language lessons.
- Download your favorite workout playlist and train like a pro with Bose® SoundSport® wireless headphones ($149.99).
- No matter where you venture, the OtterBox® Defender Series® Case for iPhone 6/6S ($49.99) will offer protection from Rio’s ranging landscapes.
- Considering you’ll most likely be out exploring all day, packing an extra battery like the mophie powerstation® plus 3x ($59.99 for a limited time) is a good idea.
- Don’t miss any of the action with the Samsung Gear 360. This little camera packs a serious punch with a full range of capturing abilities. Because if you live life in 360 degrees, why shouldn’t your memories?
- Fitness trackers are great for on the go, and this Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch ($199.99) takes it one step further with features like connected GPS, notification alerts and more. (Bonus tip: automatically keep a record of your trip by connecting Fitbit with a journal app like DayOne using IFTTT.)
- Whether traveling abroad to Brazil or more than 100 other countries, Verizon’s TravelPass keeps you connected by letting you use your existing voice and data plan outside of the U.S. for as little as $2 per day, per line to talk, text, surf the web and more.
Trevor Thomas is Verizon’s national corporate communications manager for wireless pricing, plans and promotions, where he writes about his own personal experiences with wireless technology.