Winning through Supplier Diversity
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
Verizon understands the power of our differences. That’s why we are focused on building a supply chain as diverse as our customers. We strengthen our network by helping to grow suppliers in the communities we serve. Talk about a win-win.
Our Supplier Diversity team is constantly seeking to expand partnerships with certified diverse suppliers that are:
- Women owned businesses
- Veteran and service disabled veteran owned businesses
- Ethnic minority owned businesses
- Disabled business enterprises
- LGBT owned businesses
Our Supplier Diversity team focuses on strategic engagement to exceed goals. This includes actively working with third party organizations like:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- The Billion Dollar Roundtable
- The Elite Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business Network
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council
- U.S. Business Leadership Network
- United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Verizon is also focused on developing strong partnerships with non-diverse businesses to report tier two spend so that diverse suppliers have opportunities to work on Verizon. We participate in benchmarking best practices for tier two reporting, and we’re a proud industry leader in part because of our tier two program.
Verizon has received multiple awards and accolades for our contribution to Supplier Diversity. Some of our awards include:
- Million Dollar Club- USHCC – seven consecutive years
- Top Company for Women’s Business Enterprises – WBENC
- Top Organization for Multicultural Women –Diversity Business.com