To meet the growing demand for international and foreign-language programming, Verizon has added five more Spanish-language channels to its FiOS TV lineup. The new channels - CentroAmerica TV, Latele Novela Network, Pasiones, Teleamazones Internacional and Vme Kids - expand FiOS TV's extensive Spanish-language offerings, which now include 39 of the most popular channels available.
"We've been watching the tremendous growth in our Spanish-language subscriber base and have further broadened our offerings to that diverse market with these new channels," said Terry Denson, vice president of content strategy and acquisition for Verizon. "Our multicultural native-language TV channel lineup is meeting the needs of our customers in households across the country."
The five channels were launched Monday (May 23) in FiOS TV's markets in Florida, California and Texas and will be in all FiOS TV markets by the middle of next month. Highlights of the new channels are:
- CentroAmerica TV (Channel 1703) - offers the more than 5 million Central Americans in the U.S. an entertainment channel with the most varied programming from their region: morning shows, comedy series, live news and the best soccer every weekend.
- Latele Novela Network (Channel 1590) - has many of the most popular love stories and award-winning productions from Latin America, with many titles never seen before in the U.S.
- Pasiones (Channel 1583) - is a multicultural channel dedicated to "telenovelas," providing fans with access to the greatest talent, the most recent successes in television, and unforgettable classics from all of Latin America. Pasiones is the leading telenovela channel, which covers North and South America and broadcasts highly rated Latin American productions from Venezuela, Colombia, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Peru and the U.S.
- Teleamazones Internacional (Channel 1706) - is the international version of the most successful television network in Ecuador, offering Ecuadorians living abroad the most complete programming such as live news, music, documentaries and exclusive coverage of the best series A and series B soccer matches from more than 11 teams including the most popular champions - Barcelona and Deportivo Quito.
- Vme Kids (FiOS TV Channel 1721) - offers best-in-class shows for U.S. Hispanic children and adheres to the programming standards of U.S. public television.
The five new channels join Televisión Dominicana, Supercanal and VeneMovies, which were added to FiOS TV's Spanish-language and La Conexion packages earlier this year. The Spanish-language package offers some of the most popular Spanish-language channels available - including Galavisión, ESPN Deportes and CNN en Español - for $12.99 per month. Verizon's La Conexion package offers the best in Spanish- and English-language programming, with more than 125 channels, including all Spanish-language channels, up to 14 HD channels and more than 54 of the most popular channels in English. La Conexion is available separately for $54.99 per month, or in a bundled package with FiOS Internet and voice service.
FiOS TV offers a broad collection of programming, featuring more than 520 all-digital channels including up to 140 HD channels and 18,000 monthly video-on-demand titles. FiOS also provides next-generation interactive services including an advanced interactive media guide; social networking, news and entertainment widgets; remote DVR management via broadband or cell phone; and more.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, NASDAQ:VZ), headquartered in New York, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, with more than 104 million total connections nationwide. Verizon also provides converged communications, information and entertainment services over America's most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers seamless business solutions to customers around the world. A Dow 30 company, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of more than 196,000 and last year generated consolidated revenues of $106.6 billion. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.