NEW YORK - Verizon offers retailers of all sizes and types a broad portfolio of customized, cost-effective communications and information technology (IT) solutions to help streamline business processes, secure critical networks and data, and enhance the customer experience for both traditional brick-and-mortar and online stores.
The company is exhibiting at the National Retail Federation Annual Conference, Jan. 12-13, at the Jacob Javits Convention Center (Booth 3104). Verizon experts will highlight how the company's wireline and wireless communications capabilities can be deployed to effectively and securely connect far-flung retail operations; integrate business-critical applications for point-of-sale, merchandising, inventory, supply chain and customer relationship management; and help make the most of capital and personnel resources.
"Despite the current economic challenges, retailers and businesses around the world are looking for ways to cost-effectively invest for the future and make the most of precious resources," said Nancy Gofus, senior vice president - global business products, Verizon. "Verizon is well-positioned to help national retail chains and smaller independent retailers. Our advanced communications, IT, security and networking solutions offer retailers the ability to tailor solutions to address their unique objectives and goals."
Verizon's offerings include:
- Security Services - A broad portfolio of professional, managed and Web-based security services designed specifically for the retail vertical market. Verizon Business security experts deliver a host of professional services ranging from threat and vulnerability assessments to forensics and investigative response. The Verizon Partner Security Program is a flexible, Web-based offering that helps retailers assess and manage partner and supplier compliance with internal security specifications and industry standards, such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Verizon's Online Compliance Program for PCI, a Web-based tool for managing and analyzing responses to self-assessment questionnaires and vulnerability scanning, provides retailers with a PCI compliance statement.
- Managed Network Services - A comprehensive set of capabilities encompassing management of wide- and local-area networks, wireless local-area networks, telephony, telecom expense management and application optimization services, as well as related professional services. Among the capabilities well suited to this environment is the management of multifunction routers that enable retailers to cost-effectively upgrade networks connecting dispersed locations and reduce the need for costly on-site support. Managed wireless LAN services offer retailers the ability to extend in-store networks to support point-of-sale and inventory management functions, without investing in internal management and maintenance resources.
- IT Solutions and Hosting Services - A robust set of services that can help retailers overcome pressing IT challenges and support the delivery of a single business-critical application or hosting of an online storefront, enabling Verizon to serve as a true extension of a retailer's IT organization. To help retailers comply with industry security standards, the company's managed hosting smart centers in the U.S., London and Frankfurt are PCI DSS-Level 1 certified.
- Supply Chain Services - Two integrated supply chain management offerings - Custom Supply Chain Managed Service and Invoice Automation Service - help retailers increase control over supply chain networks, streamline inter-business transactions, enable collaboration between global trading partners to control costs and improve efficiencies, and promote eco-friendly business practices.
- Merchant Services - Small and medium-sized businesses with a Verizon broadband connection can deploy Verizon Merchant Services - Payments Powered by Chase Paymentech, a service that offers faster discounted credit, debit and payment processing services. Retail customers can choose from a wide range of Chase Paymentech-approved payment terminals, including a wireless broadband terminal, to speed customer checkouts and enhance satisfaction.
- Wireless Services - Verizon Wireless offers a wide range of wireless communications to help retailers increase efficiency, track products and fleets, keep staff connected and improve customer service. Push to Talk helps keep the home office connected to delivery personnel, and Wireless E-mail can be used by sales personnel and mobile employees to place orders. BroadbandAccess offers regional and merchandise managers wireless access to corporate applications and data, whether on the road or in the office.
- FiOS for Business Services - Well-suited for the small and medium-sized business, Verizon FiOS for Business services offer Internet, television and digital voice over the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network to support e-commerce, business applications such as e-mail, and telecommuters. Cost-effective bundles of Verizon FiOS and Verizon Wireless provide the latest in Internet and entertainment technology. The Verizon Internet Security Suite, premium technical support and online backup and sharing are also available.
Gofus concluded: "Verizon truly has an exceptional set of capabilities and personnel that retailers can leverage to help them focus on the business of selling. Our broad portfolio of retail-focused solutions can help retailers leverage IT investments to strengthen security, facilitate information security compliance, streamline operations and enhance customer satisfaction."
About Verizon Communications
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), headquartered in New York, is a leader in delivering broadband and other wireline and wireless communication innovations to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving nearly 71 million customers nationwide. Verizon's Wireline operations include Verizon Business, which delivers innovative and seamless business solutions to customers around the world, and Verizon Telecom, which brings customers the benefits of converged communications, information and entertainment services over the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network. A Dow 30 company, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of more than 228,000 and last year generated consolidated operating revenues of $93.5 billion. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.