Verizon Enterprise Solutions helped clients around the globe manage risk, drive growth and business performance and improve customer experience in the third-quarter of 2015. Verizon’s enterprise-grade network, cloud, security, Internet of Things and mobility solutions help clients address these key business imperatives. Highlights include:
Clients and Partners
- Terex Corporation, a leading equipment manufacturer, recently signed an agreement with Verizon Enterprise Solutions for an enterprise mobility solution to help keep its employees connected to customers, suppliers and partners. Leveraging Verizon’s 4G LTE network and smartphones for business communications gives mobile workers fast, reliable and secure tools to help increase productivity and improve the customer experience while on the go.
- The Hong Kong-based arm of one of Europe’s biggest insurance groups, Ageas has chosen Verizon Enterprise Solutions’ cloud service as the foundation for its wealth management trading platform, i-Invest. Verizon will host and manage the IT infrastructure to support the platform within its secure, enterprise-grade cloud environment, based in the company’s Hong Kong data center.
- Ciena, a leading provider of communications network equipment and software, recently renewed an agreement with Verizon Enterprise Solutions for end-to-end management of its global network infrastructure. Ciena leverages Verizon’s leading network infrastructure and expertise to connect its more than 5,000 employees in 80-plus countries with clients, partners and suppliers.
- Verizon and Swisscom extended their relationship to provide global service and support capabilities to Swiss multinational companies and companies with operations in the Swiss market.
- Verizon and Cognizant collaborated to help organizations define, design, deploy, and manage new technology solutions that advance the digital business models of their customers. Joint customers will be able to experience large-scale tech demonstrations at Verizon’s Innovation Centers in San Francisco and Waltham, MA.
Network and Connectivity
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions released its inaugural enterprise network report. Titled Digital Transformation Powers Your Business, the report looks at issues facing enterprises during the digital evolution, outlines key drivers of digital transformation, and encourages CIOs and leaders across organizations to rethink their network in order to stay competitive and drive results.
- Verizon announced its Advanced Network Retainer program helping clients keep up with expanding network demands driven by digital transformation. The new retainer program offers rapid access to a range of networking experts who can provide assistance tailored to meet individual client requirements. Verizon experts work with clients to better understand the client’s network, identify and upgrade obsolete components, run assessments to fine-tune performance, make recommendations, and create a forward-thinking strategy and roadmap that will help drive competitive advantage.
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions released Managed Software Defined Wide Area Network (Managed SD-WAN), a new intelligent managed networking suite of services that harness the power of the Internet with the performance and reliability of a private IP network. It is also the first Verizon solution enabled by software-defined networking technology, which increases operational efficiencies and accelerates the deployment of new services.
- Verizon announced its Secure Cloud Interconnect service will now offer Microsoft ExpressRoute for Office 365, Skype for Business and Microsoft Azure Government Cloud. Azure uses Secure Cloud Interconnect to pre-provision wireless and IP data networking into the cloud service provider community, to create a security-enhanced, high-performance environment and remove obstacles inherent in cloud computing.
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions announced the launch of its Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR) app for Splunk® software. The free downloadable app takes the guess work out of cyberthreats by harnessing the rich historical breach intelligence gathered by Verizon’s data breach investigations team over the past decade and making it actionable with Splunk security analytics software.
- Verizon launched Unified Security Services, a new all-in-one solution that is easily deployed and managed by Verizon to protect the network edge – where IP data comes in and flows out of the organization. It features a pre-configured set of services that are monitored and managed by Verizon, taking the burden off an enterprise’s security staff.
- Verizon rolled out its Rapid Response Retainer program to enterprises and the channel. The program offers enterprises protection during and following cybersecurity breaches by mobilizing expert cybersecurity personnel to help with containing risk and stopping unwanted activity, as well as protecting sensitive data and preserving evidence. Verizon’s team of experts supports clients throughout the entire data breach process.
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions sponsored research from Harvard Business Review Analytic Services focused on the role cloud technology and services are playing as the de facto standards for IT and business transformation. The resulting report, Cloud: Driving a Faster, More Connected Business, underscores the ongoing evolution of cloud in the enterprise focusing on the competitive advantage and financial benefits early cloud adopters are seeing even as cloud becomes more mainstream.
- Verizon announced it is now a global SAP outsourcing operations partner and SAP-certified provider of cloud and hosting services, as well as SAP-certified in SAP HANA operations services. The certification confirms Verizon’s ability to deliver high-quality services supporting a wide variety of hybrid deployment models to customers running SAP solutions.
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions announced Infosys is able to offer its Finacle suite of software solutions on Verizon Cloud. The software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution, geared to financial institutions in the US, helps banks and credit unions enhance operational efficiency, accelerate speed-to-market for new offerings, and reduce time and cost of compliance.
Internet of Things/Mobility
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions announced Grid Wide Utility Solutions, a new Internet of Things (IoT) platform service offering utility companies an easy on ramp to grid modernization. Available in the US, Grid Wide offers electric utility companies an integrated solution for smart metering, demand response, meter data management and distribution monitoring and control.
- Verizon rolled out Wireless Connected VoIP, a new capability that leverages the company’s expansive wireless and IP networks to deliver more value to business customers. Wireless Connected VoIP eliminates long distance charges for calls that originate from U.S.-based Enterprise VoIP (Voice-over-IP) customers to any Verizon Wireless phone.