GREENVILLE, SC — Verizon Wireless, the nation's most reliable wireless network, donated more than $220,000 in cash and services to over 20 South Carolina community organizations in 2004. Contributions from the company's HopeLine SM program and Verizon Foundation funded technology initiatives, literacy, education programs and organizations and efforts aimed at putting an end to domestic violence.
"At Verizon Wireless, we are serious about investing in the communities our customers and employees live and work," said Jerry Fountain, President, Verizon Wireless Carolinas/Tennessee Region. "We invest in and team with organizations that focus on literacy and education initiatives, technology and work force development programs and domestic violence awareness and prevention. We believe that through our support and contributions, Verizon Wireless can help make South Carolina a better place to live and work."
Some South Carolina Organizations Who Have Received Support from Verizon Wireless in 2004
- Alliance for Quality Education (Greenville)
- American Heart Association (Charleston)
- American Red Cross (Upstate)
- Citizens Against Spouse Abuse (Myrtle Beach)
- Eau Claire Community Council (Columbia)
- Greenville Symphony Association (Greenville)
- Kappa Beautillion, Inc. (Columbia)
- Lexington County Sheriff's Department (Lexington)
- My Sisters House (Charleston)
- Outfitted for Work (Charleston)
- Palmetto Charter Schools (Greenville, SC)
- Peace Center Foundation (Greenville)
- Ronald McDonald House of Greenville (Greenville)
- Sistercare (Columbia)
- South Carolina Children's Theatre (Greenville)
- South Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (statewide)
- Special Olympics South Carolina (statewide)
- Sugar Grove Day School (Upstate)
- Sumter Senior Services (Sumter)
- Trident Literacy Association (Charleston)
- Trident Technical College (Charleston)
- University of South Carolina Research Foundation (Columbia)
- Water Missions International (Charleston)
- YMCA of Greenville (Greenville)
- YWCA of the Midlands (Columbia)
For additional information on Verizon Wireless community relations programs in South Carolina, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/foundation.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 43.8 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About HopeLine2005 marks the 10 year anniversary of the Verizon Wireless HopeLine program, which puts wireless products and services to work to combat domestic violence. Today, HopeLine collects wireless phones and accessories from any wireless carrier and refurbishes or recycles them with proceeds benefiting victims of domestic violence. The environmentally friendly HopeLine Program also provides victims with essential communication tools wireless phones and wireless services, including voicemail and pre-paid wireless minutes. Donations are accepted at all 1,200-plus Verizon Wireless Communications Stores across the country. For additional information, customers can visit www.verizonwireless.com/hopeline.####