ROCHESTER, NY — For the fifth consecutive year, Verizon Wireless, the nation's leading wireless provider, is the official wireless provider of the Buffalo Bills. As part of the sponsorship, Verizon Wireless and the Bills will work together to provide Bills fans with unique promotional opportunities, exclusive team information, and access to players and other team personalities. Verizon Wireless is sponsoring a total of 13 professional football teams throughout the nation as the company strengthens community ties, works with star players and football fans to prevent domestic violence, and provides fans with inside information from coaches, players and the front office.
Since 2000, Verizon Wireless has sponsored the Bills, leveraging the partnership to establish better relationships with the local community through in-store appearances, local TXT Messaging sweepstakes, TXT chats with players and HopeLine® phone donation drives to support victims of domestic violence. In addition, Verizon Wireless sponsors the Bills' Coach's Corner where customers can sign up to receive exclusive team news directly from the team.
In the 2004-2005 professional football season, Verizon Wireless and the Bills are collaborating on the following events:
- Official wireless sponsor of Bills training camp at St. John Fisher College
- Sponsor of Opening Day each year with halftime giveaway for a trip to the post-season Big Game
- Exclusive pre- and post-game radio broadcast sponsor
- Coach's Corner Info Alert service
- TXT chats with Bill's general manager Tom Donahoe and current TV broadcaster and former Bill, Steve Tasker
- TXT2Win Sweepstakes contest to win a trip to the post-season Big Game
- In-store appearances by Bills players, Buffalo Jills cheerleaders, and Billy the Buffalo
- Bills linebacker London Fletcher is a third-year HopeLine spokesplayer, helping Verizon Wireless raise awareness of the issue of domestic violence in our communities
- Actively organize the annual HopeLine phone drive at the October 9 game versus the Miami Dolphins. For the last four years, the Bills and Verizon Wireless have teamed up to collect more than 2,000 no-longer-used phones to benefit victims of domestic violence.
Now, as football fans prepare for the kickoff of the season, Verizon Wireless encourages them to take the game-time excitement beyond the field by participating in Bills events throughout western and central New York. By hosting player appearances and other activities that make it possible to connect with your favorite Bills players outside of Ralph Wilson Stadium, Verizon Wireless ensures that the football fun never has to end.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 47.4 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About HopeLine®Verizon Wireless encourages customers who are upgrading their wireless phone to participate in its exclusive HopeLine phone-recycling program. The national HopeLine program distributes previously owned wireless phones to victims of domestic violence, supports non-profit domestic violence advocacy groups and provides an environmentally safe method of recycling phones. Donations are accepted at any Verizon Wireless Communications Store across the country. For additional information, customers can also visit www.verizonwireless.com/hopeline.####