SAN ANTONIO, TX — To stay ahead of the increasing demand for its products and services, Verizon Wireless, the nation's wireless leader in customer loyalty, has opened its newest retail location in San Antonio. The store is located at 7635 NW Loop 410, at the corner of 410 and Military Drive.
Verizon Wireless will kick off the grand opening celebration Thursday, October 19 and continue with weekend activities including an autograph session with former Dallas Cowboy and Texas A&M linebacker Dat Nguyen. Events include:
Thursday, October 19, 11:00 a.m. 12:00 p.m.
- The Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and Verizon Wireless will conduct a "Wire Cutting" event at 11:00 a.m.
- Verizon Wireless will present a donation to Melissa Shulz of Family Violence Prevention Services during the 11:00 a.m. ceremony in support of the organization's ongoing commitment to preventing domestic violence
Saturday, October 21, 11:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.
- Dat Nguyen will sign autographs from 2:00 p.m. 4:00 p.m.
- Meet the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders from 11:30 a.m. 1:30 p.m.
- First 20 people who bring in their "Family Fun Day" mailer will receive an autographed Dallas Cowboys football
- Radio Disney will broadcast live from 11:00 a.m. 3:00 p.m.
- KXXM, The Mix 96.1 will broadcast live from 3:00 p.m. 5:00 p.m.
- Kids dressed in Halloween costumes receive a glow-in-the-dark bag with flashlight
- Register to win Dallas Cowboys tickets to the Nov. 19 game vs. the Indianapolis Colts
"Verizon Wireless is committed to providing our customers with the most reliable nationwide wireless network and exceptional customer service," said Luis M. Cruz, region president for Verizon Wireless. "In addition to adding local retail locations, we continue to add cell sites in the area to meet the growing demands of San Antonio's businesses and consumers."
In September, Verizon Wireless enhanced the strength of the network locally by activating a number of sites in the San Antonio area including the intersections of Loop 410 and Culebra, south of Ingram Park Mall. The new cites also strengthen the network in the area surrounding the intersection of O'Connor and Miller Road, northeast of the intersection of Loop 410 and Interstate 35, as well as the intersection of Pue Road and Apricot Field, north of Loop 1602 and Hwy 90.
The new store features a wide variety of wireless products and services including TXT Messaging, Picture Messaging, Ringback Tones and Get It Now® applications, including VCAST Music, ring tones, games and productivity applications. At the new store, customers will find:
- Highly trained sales and service representatives who are committed to providing shoppers with world-class customer service
- An extensive customer service and technical support area totaling over 25 percent of the overall retail square footage
- A top-of-the-line self service center featuring a bill payment kiosk
- An informational video displayed on a 40" LCD screen, providing current and prospective customers with information on the latest handsets and accessories, customer service, the Verizon Wireless network and account management options
The new Verizon Wireless Communications Store is located at 7635 NW Loop 410, and is open Monday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Contact Joe Romo, store manager, at 210-647-8507.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 54.8 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.####