BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Hollywood’s awards season is in the home stretch with moviemakers’ most anticipated night happening in just a few weeks. As the nominees write their stirring acceptance speeches and prepare to walk the red carpet on March 7, Verizon Wireless phones can get you caught up with box office hits with a slew of entertainment-themed applications.
Verizon Wireless customers can find these Tinseltown apps and other helpful, cool and popular apps in the Verizon Channel in Android Market™ on their DROID by Motorola smartphones. This week’s highlighted apps include:
- Fandango Movies – Get to the theater to see all of the nominated work. Fandango Movies is free and makes going to the movies simple by allowing you to watch trailers of new movies, view fun ratings, and use GPS to find the closest theaters and the movies playing at them – even purchase your tickets quickly and drama-free.
- E! Online – Now you can get the very best of E! Online, including the latest entertainment news, photos and videos of your favorite celebrities while on the go. This free app allows you to watch clips of your favorite E! shows, including “The Soup,” “The Girls Next Door” and “Chelsea Lately.” The exclusive My Celebs feature lets you create a personalized experience.
- Movies – With this free app, you can browse 65,000 DVDs, watch 15,000 trailers, get reviews from RottenTomatoes.com – the ultimate movie reaction site – and manage your Netflix queue. Also get showtimes and nearby theaters for the top box office movies.
- Yelp – Is the movie you want to see no longer in the theaters? With Yelp, you can not only search for the nearest movie rental store, but can also seek out places to eat, shop, drink, relax and play complete with reviews from an active community of locals in the know.
- buzzd – With the free buzzd app, you can act like you’re part of a celebrity’s entourage and use the “buzzdmeter” to see which restaurants, bars and clubs in your city, neighborhood and within walking distance are hot right now, based on real-time posts from Twitter, buzzd and more.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 91 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NASDAQ and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.