CHEYENNE, WY — More Wyoming residents, businesses and visitors are enjoying improved service thanks to new Verizon Wireless cell sites. The sites expand wireless voice and 3G data coverage and capacity in the following communities:
- Bear River – north of Evanston and south of Woodruff
- Kaycee – along I-25, south of Kaycee and northwest of the Midwest/Edgerton area The increase in coverage and capacity also means the network can carry more calls, e-mails, text and picture messages in more places, and offer greater wireless access to the Web.
The company’s ongoing network investment in Wyoming now totals more than $100 million. Nationally, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $59 billion since it was formed – $5.7 billion on average every year – to increase the coverage and capacity of its premier nationwide network and to add new services. The result is the nation’s largest, most reliable 3G network that powers services such as Mobile Broadband and Mobile Email.
Businesses of any size can tap into the power of Mobile Broadband. The service allows users to connect to the Internet wirelessly while on the go to download music over-the-air, and access e-mail or corporate data.
Small business owners interested in Mobile Broadband, and other wireless solutions, can visit http://business.verizon.net where they will find:
- An online forum to share experiences and connect with other business owners
- Access to Small Business Specialists in each Verizon Wireless store
- Discounts and promotions to help businesses stretch their budgets
- Summaries of mobile solutions like e-mail, wireless Internet and Push to Talk service
- 24/7 tech support
Verizon Wireless tests its network and those of its competitors. The company determines if voice calls and data connections are successful on the first attempt and stay connected.
Nationally, more than 90 Verizon Wireless’ real-life test men and women drive specially equipped vehicles almost 1 million miles annually. They drive on Interstate, U.S. and state highways, as well as major roads and streets in high-population areas, based upon U.S. Census counts. Vehicles are equipped with computers that automatically make more than 3.5 million voice call attempts and more than 19 million data tests annually on Verizon Wireless’ network and the networks of other carriers.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving nearly 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 81,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.