Please carefully read the Terms and Conditions for the Auto Pay (AP) option: By enrolling in, using, or paying for Verizon service by AP, you agree to these terms and conditions. If these Terms and Conditions are not acceptable to you, please notify Verizon immediately at 888-623-1733
1. AP Enrollment
- I understand that AP enrollment methods are: through the Verizon website, through the FiOS interactive media guide (IMG), with the bill remittance slip, or by verbal agreement with electronic signature.
- If I enrolled in AP online, through the FiOS IMG, or by phone with electronic signature, I authorize Verizon to treat my electronic signature as evidence of my consent to initiate electronic payment transactions from my designated bank, debit card, or credit card account. My consent only applies to the initiation of the recurring electronic bank, credit card, or debit card payments. My authorization via electronic signature has the same effect as a handwritten signature on a paper-formatted contract.
- I understand that AP enrollment applies to the bank, debit card, or credit card account that I designate.
- I agree to pay my Verizon bill until the AP enrollment is established and a message appears on my bill instructing me not to make a payment.
- Each month, I authorize Verizon to automatically charge my credit card/debit card or debit my bank account, as applicable, for the amount due on my bill. The AP charge or debit will be made on the date that is specified in my monthly billing notice or my monthly bill, which Verizon will provide at least 10 days in advance of the AP payment date.
- To cancel AP, contact your local business office or call 1-800-VERIZON.
2. Paper Free Billing
- I understand that by enrolling in the AP option I also agree to Paper Free Billing.
- I agree to have Verizon stop mailing me a paper bill each month. Instead, Verizon will provide me with an electronic bill at verizon.com.
- I agree to view my bill each month; I understand that I must register on verizon.com to view and print my bill.
- I understand that it is important that I view my bill online every month as important messages regarding my service may appear in the “Need to Know” section.
- I agree to have Verizon notify me by e-mail and/or SMS text each month, at least ten days before my payment is to be debited or charged, of the amount of my bill and that my bill is available online for viewing and printing.
- I agree to promptly update my e-mail address and/or Wireless phone number at verizon.com if it changes.
- I will continue to pay my paper bill until I receive a notification that my bill is available online.
- By enrolling in Paper Free Billing, I also consent to receive suspension notices by email if I fail to pay my bill on time.
3. Update Bank/Card Information
- I understand that if there is a change to my bank or card account information, including expiration date, I must sign in to my account at verizon.com or call 888-623-1733 to update the AP enrollment information.
- I understand that Verizon may receive updated card information from the financial institution issuing the card.
4. Billing Errors
- I understand and agree that Verizon is not liable for erroneous bill statements or incorrect debits/charges.
- If a billing error occurs, Verizon is responsible for correcting it, if and when, I notify Verizon of the error.
5. Returned Payments
- I understand that if my payment is rejected, refused, returned, disputed, or reversed by my financial institution or card issuer for any reason, then Verizon has the right to charge a returned item fee and to cancel my account from the AP option.
- I understand my participation in AP is subject to Verizon's approval.
- Verizon and participating financial institutions reserve the right to terminate my participation in this payment option at any time, as authorized by applicable law.
- I understand that Verizon does not impose a fee for participating in the AP option.
- I understand that I should verify with my financial institution to determine if additional charges apply.
7. Changes and Updates
- From time to time, Verizon may revise these Terms and Conditions. Verizon will provide notice of such revisions by posting revisions to the website Announcements page or to the Account Manager. Material revisions to the Terms and Conditions shall be effective no sooner than 30 days after posting on the Verizon website atwww.verizon.com/terms. If you do not agree to Verizon's revision(s), you must terminate your AP enrollment immediately in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By continuing to use Auto Pay after revisions are in effect, you accept and agree to all revisions.