IRVING, Texas - Residents and businesses in Justin, Northlake and unincorporated parts of Denton County now have the opportunity to choose Verizon's cutting-edge FiOS TV for the best home-entertainment experience.
New customers who subscribe to FiOS TV between now and Feb. 21 will receive their choice of free use for six months of either a high-definition (HD) digital recorder (DVR) or an HD Home Media DVR. Customers who take advantage of this offer will save between $95 and $119 for the first six months, depending upon the DVR customers choose.
Verizon first launched FiOS TV in Keller in 2005, and the service is now available to more than 440,000 households in more than 30 communities across North Texas.
"We're very excited to be able to bring FiOS TV to places like Justin and Northlake," said Trinidad Aguirre, Verizon's area president for the South-West region. "FiOS TV allows customers to enjoy the ultimate HD experience, with the best picture-and-sound quality delivered over Verizon's all-fiber-optic network straight to customers' homes."
FiOS TV offers more than 500 total channels in North Texas, including more than 100 high-definition (HD) channels, more than any traditional cable TV company in the area.
FiOS TV service highlights include:
- More than 500 all-digital channels grouped by genres such as entertainment, sports, news, marketplace, movies and family, making it easy for audiences to find their favorite programming
- More than 100 HD channels, with extraordinary clarity and theater-quality sound.
- An industry-leading library of more than 14,000 VOD titles, 8,500 of which are available at no charge. The VOD library includes more than 1,200 HD titles per month.
- A unique Home Media DVR that now allows customers to stream recorded HD programs to six other TV sets throughout the home equipped with HD set-top boxes. The feature, which has been available for standard-definition programming, includes the ability to watch three separately recorded shows on three sets at the same time, plus pause recorded programming in one room and continue watching in another.
Programming choices for Hispanic, African-American, Asian, Russian and other multicultural audiences are available in every market. Because FiOS TV has so much capacity, it is an outlet for emerging and independent networks to showcase their diverse programming.
Information on packages and prices is available at www.verizon.com/fiostv. North Texans also can call 1-888-GET-FIOS (888-438-3467) to see if they qualify to order FiOS TV.
Verizon delivers FiOS TV and Internet services over the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network straight to customers' homes and businesses, providing stunning picture-and-sound quality, a broad spectrum of content diversity, interactive features and the fastest Internet speeds, creating the ultimate home-entertainment experience.
FiOS Internet delivers download speeds of up to 50 Mbps* (megabits per second) and upload speeds of up to 20 Mbps, as well as high-quality voice services. Verizon's FiOS Internet service was named the top pick in PC Magazine's 2008 readers' survey and also was named a winner in PC World Magazine's The 100 Best Products of 2008. It was the second year in a row that the broadband service made the reader survey and best product list.
The value of FiOS TV extends to the installation and customer support. Specially trained Verizon technicians will install the service and acquaint subscribers with FiOS TV features and services. Verizon is waiving the installation fee for up to three existing TV outlets, and there is no charge to install a needed optical network terminal at the subscriber's home. Charges for other installation services, such as additional outlets, may apply. Verizon provides 24 x 7 technical assistance by phone from its Fiber Solutions Centers.
* NOTE: Actual (throughput) speeds will vary.