COLUMBIA, Md. - Howard County residents now can experience first-hand the superior quality and innovative features of Verizon's all-fiber-optic FiOS TV and FiOS Internet services, at the company's new Columbia store.
Located at 8835 Columbia 100 Parkway in Suite B, the store serves customers and showcases Verizon's FiOS TV and Internet services.
Inside the store, Verizon has created a home-theater setting, where shoppers can relax in plush chairs and see for themselves what all the excitement is about as they experience FiOS TV on high-definition TVs. Or, shoppers can sit in the home-office setting and marvel at the speed and vast capabilities of FiOS Internet service. Verizon representatives are on hand to demonstrate FiOS, answer questions and help shoppers place orders for new services.
Verizon customers can also visit the store to pick up, swap or drop off FiOS TV set-top boxes and remote controls, pay bills or consult with representatives.
The store is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
"Our new store allows us to get closer to our customers and the residents of the communities we serve," said Mary Ellen Payne, senior vice president of marketing and sales for Verizon's Potomac region. "Our current customers will appreciate the convenience of a nearby location where they can conduct business, and potential customers will have an easy and fun way to see for themselves how different and exciting FiOS is."
In Maryland, Verizon currently offers FiOS TV and FiOS Internet services to dozens of communities in Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Howard, Montgomery and Prince George's counties. The company began offering FiOS TV and FiOS Internet in parts of Bel Air last month.
FiOS TV offers consumers a broad range of programming choices and superior picture quality from the only TV service delivered over the nation's most advanced all-fiber network directly connecting to millions of individual homes and businesses.
Verizon's FiOS TV service was selected as the top-ranked residential television service provider in the Northeast region by J.D. Power for 2008. FiOS TV is currently available to more than 8.2 million homes in 14 states: California, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Virginia and Washington.
Consumers who sign up for FiOS TV between now and Dec. 31 are eligible to enjoy free access for 90 days to three premium entertainment packages - Cinemax, HBO and FiOS TV's Movie Package, which includes Showtime, Starz, The Movie Channel, Encore, Sundance Channel and IFC. This package features 40 high-definition (HD) premium channels as well as more than 9,000 free video-on-demand (VOD) titles per month.
Verizon FiOS TV highlights include:
- More than 500 all-digital channels grouped by genres such as entertainment, sports, news, marketplace, movies and family, making it easy for audiences to find their favorite programming.
- Approximately 105 high-definition channels in Maryland, with extraordinary clarity and theater-quality sound.
- An industry-leading library of more than 11,000 VOD titles each month, 8,500 of which are free of charge. The VOD library also includes 1,000 HD VOD titles per month.
- An innovative Interactive Media Guide that helps customers quickly and easily find and enjoy content from TV listings, VOD catalogs and the digital video recorder (DVR), as well as personal music and photos from a home network.
- Verizon's all-fiber network also delivers Internet download speeds of up to 50 Mbps* (megabits per second) and upload speeds of up to 20 Mbps, as well as high-quality voice services.
Consumers can check online at www.verizon.com/fiostv for more information or to request that Verizon contact them when FiOS services become available. Consumers also can visit the Columbia store, call their local Verizon sales office or 888-438-3467.
* NOTE: Actual (throughput) speeds will vary.