Giving and growing, together
How V Teamers foster community across the organization.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
With more than 153,000 employees, you might wonder how it feels to work for such a large company. Despite our size, we work hard to stay agile and connected to one another. One way this happens is through our employee resource groups (ERGs), integral to who we are and essential to our workplace culture.
Giving V Teamers another way to engage with one another, ERGs provide a forum for development, while celebrating our diversity and promoting inclusion. Verizon ERGs connect employees in the following four ways:
- Career: Mentoring, networking, training and group leadership opportunities. Helping members accelerate professional and personal growth.
- Customer: Tap into members’ unique perspectives to drive Verizon strategies and help us stay relevant to customers, differentiate the brand and grow the business.
- Community: Volunteering and community outreach initiatives. Making a measurable impact and creating economic inclusion for different communities.
- Culture: Building a strong sense of belonging within each group as well as across the entire organizations.
Today, there are nine ERGs at Verizon, open to all employees, which include:
- Asian Pacific Employees for Excellence (APEX)
- Black Resource Association of Verizon Employees (BRAVE)
- Disabilities Issues Awareness Leaders (DIAL)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Employees of Verizon and their Allies (GLOBE)
- Hispanic Support Organization (HSO)
- Native American People of Verizon (NAPV)
- South-Asian Professionals Inspiring Corporate Excellence (SPICE)
- Veterans Advisory Board of Verizon (VABVZ)
- Women's Association of Verizon Employees (WAVE)
Together, more than 15,400 V Teamers participate in these ERGs, a number that continues to grow every year. Each group hosts meetings and events, ranging from career strategy and networking to holiday potlucks and toy drives to quarterly book clubs. We see our ERGs as a meaningful part of working here, of building community, giving back and growing together.