The 2004 Verizon Music Festival Lights Up Tampa Bay Starting May 14
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
TAMPA, Fla. - The 2004 Verizon Music Festival celebrates its fourth year in the Tampa Bay area May 14-20, with performances by chart-topping artists at multiple venues. Modern-rock sensation, Evanescence, multiple Grammy Award-winner, k.d. lang, and Americana luminaries the Flatlanders are among the headliners.
The excitement begins May 14 as Jannus Landing hosts the platinum-selling alternative pop band Better Than Ezra. The New Orleans trio became darlings of the alternative music scene with the release of its guitar-driven debut album, "Deluxe," which has enjoyed great critical and commercial success and features three singles that peaked in the top 20 of Billboard's Hot 100 chart.
On May 15 Skipper's Smokehouse will host the hard-rocking, high-voltage blues guitarist Tinsley Ellis. A founding member of the popular '80s blues act the Heartfixers, Ellis' firebrand guitar-play is a combination of soul and Southern blues.
On May 16 the chart-topping Arkansas quartet Evanescence will be rocking Coachman Park performing songs from its multi-platinum-selling debut album, "Fallen." A recent Grammy Award-winner for Best New Artist and Best Hard Rock Performance, Evanescence shows no sign of slowing down with its latest single, "My Immortal," currently in the top 20 on Billboard's Hot 100 chart.
It's back to Skipper's Smokehouse May 17 when the Flatlanders take to the stage and cook up a rousing blend of Texas-flavored alternative country-rock. Each member of the group has legendary status in his own right, but together Joe Ely, Jimmie Dale Gilmore and Butch Hancock form an unparalleled triumvirate creating their own brand of country. The Flatlanders' 2004 release, "Wheels of Fortune," was rated Number 1 on U.S. and European Americana Charts.
Ruth Eckerd Hall is the place to be May 19 when multiple Grammy Award-winner k.d. lang takes to the stage accompanied by the leading professional symphony orchestra in the state, The Florida Orchestra. This special evening will showcase k.d. lang's stylistic diversity that has won the artist an enormous cross-generational following.
On May 20 Louis Lykes Ferguson Hall - Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center will host the legendary pop/jazz vocal sensations, The Manhattan Transfer. The group's critically acclaimed CD, "Couldn't Be Hotter," released in September 2003, is its first live album in seven years.
The 2004 Verizon Music Festival will continue to excite audiences in Los Angeles July 22-25.
For more information on the 2004 Verizon Music Festival, music lovers can call 813-971-1400.
Tickets for the 2004 Verizon Music Festival Tampa Bay concerts are available at the following outlets:
- Coachman Park, 301 Drew St., Clearwater, 727-562-4800; Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster Charge-By-Phone 727-898-2100 or online at www.ticketmaster.com.
- Louis Lykes Ferguson Hall, Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center, 1010 N. W.C. MacInnes Place, Tampa, 813-229-7827 or 800-955-1045, Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster Charge-By-Phone 727-898-2100 or online at www.tbpac.org or www.ticketmaster.com
- Jannus Landing, 200 First Avenue North, St. Petersburg (day of show only), 727-896-1244; Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster Charge-By-Phone 727-898-2100, or online at www.ticketmaster.com
- Ruth Eckerd Hall, 1111 McMullen Booth Road, Clearwater, 727-791-7400 or 800-875-8682; or online at www.rutheckerdhall.com
- Skipper's Smokehouse, box office at 910 Skipper Road, Tampa, 813-977-6474 M-F, 10am-6pm; Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster Charge-By-Phone 813-287-8844, or online at www.ticketmaster.com or www.skipperssmokehouse.com
Service charges apply.
A Dow 30 company, (NYSE:VZ) is one of the world's leading providers of communications services, with approximately $68 billion in annual revenues. Verizon companies are the largest providers of wireline and wireless communications in the United States. Verizon is also the largest directory publisher in the world, as measured by directory titles and circulation. Verizon's international presence includes wireline and wireless communications operations and investments, primarily in the Americas and Europe. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.