Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile Offers Safe Driving Tips As Part Of National Wireless Safety Week
May 16, 1997
Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile
ORANGEBURG, NY-- Wireless phones improve safety on roads
highways by providing drivers with a direct line to emergency services
personnel. To ensure that the roads are safe for all drivers, and in
recognition of Wireless Safety Week May 19 - 26, Bell Atlantic NYNEX
Mobile is providing safe driving tips for all wireless customers.
"Approximately 50,000 calls a day are made to emergency services from
wireless phones," said Rick Conrad, president of Bell Atlantic NYNEX
Mobile's New York/New Jersey Metro region. "Whether it is used to
report crimes in the act, accidents or drunk drivers, wireless
communications contribute to our safety, security and quality of life.
We encourage all wireless users to use their phones wisely and safely."
Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile offers these simple safe driving tips:
- Safe driving is your first priority. Always buckle up, keep your
hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.
- Be a cellular Samaritan. 9-1-1 is a free call for wireless
customers. Use it to report crimes in progress or other
potentially life-threatening emergencies, accidents, or reckless
- Make sure that your phone is easy to see and easy to reach. Be
familiar with the operation of your phone so that you're
comfortable using it on the road.
- Use a hands-free microphone while driving. A mount can be
installed on your dashboard to hold your portable phone while you
- Use the speed dial feature to program frequently called numbers,
or use the voice-activated dialing feature, TalkDialsm*, to
make calls simply by pressing " * SEND" and speaking your party's
name or number.
- When traveling with passengers, have someone else do the dialing
- Dial 411 and Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile's InfoAssistsm** will
directly connect your call. No need to write down the number or
- Pull off the road if you need to write something down.
- Let calls go into voice mail when it is unsafe or inconvenient to
answer the phone in your car.
* There is a monthly fee for TalkDial service.
**There is a per call charge for InfoAssist.
Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile is the
largest wireless service provider on
the East Coast and the second largest in the
The company owns and operates the most extensive network in the east,
covering 111,000 square miles, and the largest chain of wireless
retail outlets offering a full range of wireless personal
communications services, including voice, data and paging. Based in
Bedminster, NJ, Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile has 4.6 million customers
and 6,500 employees in the Northeast, mid-Atlantic, Southeast, and,
through a separate subsidiary, in the Southwest. The company was
formed in July, 1995, by combining the cellular operations of Bell
Atlantic Mobile and NYNEX Mobile. For more information visit the
company's Home Page at www.banm.com.