New Verizon Online With MSN 8 Service Debuts To Millions of Broadband Customers
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
NEW YORK and REDMOND, Wash. -- Millions of Americans now have a better way to experience the benefits of high-speed Internet access with the debut of Verizon Online DSL with MSN® 8 service.
Verizon Online DSL with MSN 8 gives customers a new way to take advantage of and enhance their fast, digital subscriber line (DSL) connection. Verizon Online and MSN have teamed to combine the speed of a DSL connection from Verizon with the latest Internet software from MSN, giving customers a better Internet experience. This enhanced experience with MSN 8 is available to qualified Verizon Online DSL customers at no extra charge.
Qualifying customers can enjoy this DSL service starting for as little as $29.95 a month when purchased with one of several Verizon Freedom packages that include local, regional and long-distance calling services, or for just $34.95 a month when ordered separately. Existing customers can order a free registration CD by visiting www.verizon.net/betterway.
"Customers are looking for the best value when they consider broadband, and Verizon is determined to provide just that," said Ivan Seidenberg, CEO of Verizon. "Our offer with MSN 8, along with our new pricing, are some of the important ways we're creating superior value. We expect millions of Internet users to agree that Verizon's broadband services help them to experience the Internet in ways never before thought possible."
Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft Corp., said, "This new service will enable millions of consumers to take advantage of the benefits of high-speed Internet access from Verizon, with rich services and content from MSN. Verizon Online DSL with MSN 8 will help speed the adoption of broadband by providing consumers with communication and information services that enrich the online experience while addressing important issues like junk e-mail and online safety."
The new service combines high-speed Internet access, tools and features, and world-class online and live customer support from DSL leader Verizon with MSN 8 Internet software, a collection of communication and information services that is the first Internet software to earn the Good Housekeeping Seal along with tremendous industry accolades.
The service results from an agreement between Verizon and MSN to deliver co-branded high-speed DSL Internet access and services via Verizon's 36 million DSL-capable access lines. Verizon recently announced plans to add an additional 10 million DSL-capable lines to its network by the end of this year.
Customers of Verizon Online DSL with MSN 8 will enjoy services such as the following:
- Smart junk e-mail filters that provide advanced protection against spam and learn to eliminate even more spam over time
- Advanced and flexible Parental Controls that help limit children's access to inappropriate content and contacts, and keep parents informed with weekly activity reports
- An automatic e-mail virus protection service that identifies and eliminates viruses before they can infect one's computer
- Shared Browsing technology that allows consumers to surf the same Web site with a friend and chat via MSN Messenger about what they are seeing
- Rich e-mail capabilities via the Verizon Online Email Suite (e-mail and netmail) with 30 MB of storage capacity for the primary user account and 10 MB each for up to eight secondary accounts, as well as MSN Mail, with organizational tools and time-saving features such as preview panes and customizable folders, as well as offline and remote access; MSN Mail also offers e-mail features that make it easy to add photos, background colors and more customization options to e-mail.
- The Verizon Central member services portal that conveniently consolidates content and services from Verizon, including e-mail, a 10MB personal Web site, account-management tools, games, music and entertainment. Verizon Central will soon include Verizon's Digital Companion - a set of advanced telecommunications tools that allows customers to fully integrate their e-mail, address books, to-do lists and more with online call tracking, call dialing, voice mail, call forwarding and short messaging - all at the click of a mouse.
- Research and learning tools from MSN Encarta(r) Plus, including encyclopedia articles, a dictionary and thesaurus, project planning tools, and the Homework Center
- Exclusive tools in MSN Money Plus that enable consumers to keep track of their finances all in one place, pay bills online and manage their monthly budget
- MSN Photos Plus to make it fast and easy to edit and enhance photos, create online albums and slide shows, and order prints
A complete list of Verizon Online DSL with MSN 8 features and services can be found at www.verizon.net/partners/msn/features.asp.
About Verizon Communications
A Fortune 10 Company, Verizon Communications (NYSE "VZ") is one of the world's leading providers of communications services. Verizon companies are the largest providers of wireline and wireless communications in the United States, with 136.6 million access line equivalents and 33.3 million Verizon Wireless customers. Verizon is the third-largest long-distance carrier for U.S. consumers, with 13.2 million long-distance lines, and the company is also the largest directory publisher in the world, as measured by directory titles and circulation. With approximately $67 billion in annual revenues and 227,000 employees, Verizon's global presence extends to the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Pacific. For more information on Verizon, visit www.verizon.com.
MSN attracts more than 300 million unique users worldwide per month. With localized versions available globally in 34 markets and 18 languages, MSN is a world leader in delivering Web services to consumers and digital marketing solutions to businesses worldwide. MSN 8 is the first Internet software product to have earned the trusted Good Housekeeping Seal. The most useful and innovative online service today, MSN brings consumers everything they need from the Web to make the most of their time online. MSN is located on the Web at www.msn.com. MSN worldwide sites are located at www.msn.com/worldwide.ashx.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq "MSFT") is the worldwide leader in software, services and Internet technologies for personal and business computing. The company offers a wide range of products and services designed to empower people through great software -- any time, any place and on any device.
# # #
Microsoft, MSN and Encarta are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corp. in the United States and/or other countries.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information, press only: