Verizon Adds Kentucky Area Code 859 to Its New VoiceWing Broadband Phone Service
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
NEW YORK - Verizon has added its first Kentucky Area Code - 859 - for use by subscribers of the company's new, national Internet-based phone service, VoiceWing.
Broadband users in Kentucky can save money on phone calls with VoiceWing, which provides unlimited local and domestic long-distance calling over both DSL and cable modem connections for as low as $34.95 a month. VoiceWing subscribers also can manage their calls from any computer with Internet access - regardless of where it is located -- by using a variety of Web-based advanced call-management features, such as enhanced call-forwarding and call logs that itemize all calling activity.
"Kentuckians want to take advantage of new broadband technologies, and they're looking for great value," said Michelle Swittenberg, executive director of consumer VoIP services at Verizon. "VoiceWing gives you both. It's the latest way to use your high-speed Internet connection to help you communicate how, when and where you want, while saving money at the same time."
Area Code 859 covers 19 counties in north central Kentucky: Boone, Bourbon, Boyle, Campbell, Clark, Fayette, Gallatin, Garrard, Grant, Harrison, Jessamine, Kenton, Madison, Mercer, Montgomery, Nicholas, Pendleton, Washington and Woodford.
Because VoiceWing is provided over the Internet, customers can choose a phone number from an extensive list of more than 160 area codes that come from 35 states and the District of Columbia.
VoiceWing Pricing, Availability and Features
VoiceWing provides customers not only traditional services such as voice mail, caller ID and call waiting, but also advanced features that give them unprecedented control of their communications by accessing a special Web page called the Personal Account Manager. The features include:
- Call Logs - Itemize all calling activity. Call Logs list the caller name, telephone number (if available), date, time-of-day, location and duration of every incoming and outgoing call made. Users can easily transfer contact information directly into their VoiceWing Personal Address Book.
- Voice Mail - Allows customers to view and play their messages by clicking on the "new voice mail messages" link on the home page. Messages can be stored for up to 14 days. Customers can choose to receive e-mail notification of new voice mail messages.
- Click-to-Dial - Automatically dials any telephone number, including numbers saved in the Call Logs or Address Book. By clicking on a "hyperlink" phone number, VoiceWing will dial the number. When dialing is complete, the customer's VoiceWing phone will ring, indicating the user should pick up the handset.
- Speed Dial 10 - Lets users enter or change speed dial short-cuts on their VoiceWing phones or on their computers.
- Enhanced Call Forwarding - Directs calls to another telephone number anytime. By saving Call Forwarding settings on a customer's Personal Account Manager, VoiceWing calls can quickly be re-directed to another number.
- Feature Scheduling - Allows users to schedule Call Forwarding or a Call Back for a specific date and time of day.
- Personal Address Book - Stores information about a user's most frequent contacts directly on the Personal Account Manager. The Click to Dial feature can then be used with the Address Book.
- Alternate Telephone Number - Customers can make every call they get from out-of-town family and friends a local call by choosing an Alternate Telephone Number in their family and friends' area code. The Alternate Telephone Number is routed directly to the customer's primary VoiceWing number. There is a monthly charge for Alternate Telephone Numbers.
VoiceWing is available to customers anywhere in the United States and can be purchased at www.verizon.com/voicewing or by calling 1-800-270-5369. Subscribers in Kentucky who order service before Dec. 31 get their first six months of service for just $34.95 a month.
Verizon provides VoiceWing subscribers with an adapter that allows them to use their own telephone with their DSL or cable modem connection to make VoiceWing calls. The company offers new VoiceWing subscribers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
VoiceWing is provided through the Verizon Long Distance subsidiary of Verizon Communications.
A Dow 30 company, Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) is one of the world's leading providers of communications services, with approximately $68 billion in annual revenues. Verizon companies are the largest providers of wireline and wireless communications in the United States. Verizon is also the largest directory publisher in the world, as measured by directory titles and circulation. Verizon's international presence includes wireline and wireless communications operations and investments, primarily in the Americas and Europe. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.