New customers who visit the MyVerizon.com Web portal to register their account will now enjoy a redesigned and simplified site that combines account-management capabilities with Verizon Internet-provided services like e-mail, tools and online entertainment -- all in a single, convenient location.
The new, streamlined portal has a dramatically different design that embodies Verizon's commitment to the growing needs of its customers by offering user-friendly features enabling a wide array of self-service functions, including the ability to add or change services, pay bills, access all messaging and communications services, as well as entertainment options for both FiOS TV and broadband-based platforms, and much more.
Note: to view a demonstration of the new features and capabilities of the My Verizon portal, click here. The portal has been available to several thousand customers since November. Effective Tuesday (April 20), the new My Verizon is available to new Verizon residential customers, and it will be rolled out to all existing Verizon residential customers over the next three months. Customers need only register at the My Verizon site, free of charge, to use its many services and advantages.
"'My Verizon' is now the single best destination for our residential customers to interact with Verizon online," said Mike Ritter, Verizon chief marketing officer for consumer wireline and business services. "'My Verizon' allows our customers to get more work done with Verizon, stay connected to manage all of their home services, and enjoy entertainment options either through their broadband connection or their FiOS TV service. In short, it is a significant step forward in our efforts to become more of an online company and deliver a world-class interactive service experience to our customers."
The redesigned My Verizon portal fuses what were previously two separate sites - Verizon Central at Verizon.net and MyVerizon.com -- eliminating the need for customers to toggle between two sites, and to use two separate usernames and passwords, to reach the different functions on each site.
Once on the site, customers will find a wide range of options to meet a variety of service needs. Three broad categories of self-service will enable customers to get more done by managing various Verizon accounts; stay connected with the different services a customer is subscribed to, including benefits available only to My Verizon-registered customers; and enjoy entertainment via either a Verizon broadband connection or FiOS TV service - or both. Examples include:
Get More Done
- Access to all services and features in one place, maximizing productivity.
- View or pay a bill and access account-management tools.
- Learn about services and how to use them, schedule technician support, and gain access to tutorials and frequently asked questions as well as access to community forums where customers can learn from each other.
- Manage parental control features.
- Add or change Verizon services.
- One message center that combines customer e-mail, voice mail and call logs from the home phone in one place.
- One unified calendar and personal contacts list. Quick, convenient access to favorite sites like Facebook and eBay; Share the Network, where existing customers can receive cash awards or gift cards by referring friends and family for Verizon services; and Verizon Perks, special benefits and offers just for Verizon customers.
- Watch the hottest TV content online from anywhere, utilizing HBO GO, EPIX or Starz Play; ESPN3.com for live sports; Disney/ABC ad-free programming; and more.
- Program a FiOS TV digital video recorder, bookmark video on-demand for future viewing, and order pay-per-view remotely.
- Keep up with the day's news and weather forecasts, play games, and more.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, NASDAQ:VZ), headquartered in New York, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving more than 91 million customers nationwide. Verizon also provides converged communications, information and entertainment services over America's most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers innovative, seamless business solutions to customers around the world. A Dow 30 company, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of approximately 222,900 and last year generated consolidated revenues of more than $107 billion. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.