NEW YORK - Verizon Online now offers new digital subscriber line (DSL) subscribers a variety of free gifts that will help them take advantage of their broadband connection right away.
Customers who sign up for DSL high-speed Internet access by May 31 can choose and redeem their gifts easily and conveniently from the new Verizon Online Reward Center secure Web site.
"All our gifts relate directly to the benefits of using DSL - by helping customers do their homework, send photographs to family and friends, enjoy music downloads and more," said Andrea Custis, group president - sales and marketing for Verizon Advanced Services. "Our new Verizon Online Reward Center gives customers the freedom to choose a gift that meets their individual needs and makes their online experience more enjoyable."
- Logitech® ClickSmart™ 310 Digital Camera: The camera shoots photos and video; stores up to 160 photos or 15 seconds of video. Software is included which allows photo and video downloads.
- INTUIT Quicken® 2002 Suite for Windows: There are three software programs for managing finances, financial planning, tax obligations and legal documents.
- Encyclopedia Britannica® 2002 Expanded Edition DVD or CD-ROM and one-year subscription to Britannica.com: This is an all-in-one resource featuring a comprehensive, highly visual encyclopedia, dictionary and world atlas, plus online access to the full content of Encyclopedia Britannica.
- MP3.com Premium Music Package presented by Verizon Online: This is a free one-year subscription to Verizon Online Special Edition MP3.com PLUS and free one-year subscription to the Classical Musical Channel. This is the hottest new way of listening to and organizing a music collection with access to over 1 million songs and an individual online music storage locker.
- Logitech® QuickCam® Express PC Camera: This PC camera lets users meet face-to-face online, share photos and live video over the Web, and add live images to instant messages.
The current selection of gifts, ranging in value up to $120, includes:
Customers who sign up for Verizon Online DSL service by May 31 also will enjoy a special monthly introductory rate of $39.95 for three months with no annual commitment required, no activation or service termination fees, a 30-day money-back guarantee and a do-it-yourself DSL installation kit.
Verizon Online has launched a new marketing and advertising campaign called "More of It," with television ads in 17 markets, direct mail, e-mail and telemarketing.
"Our new campaign focuses on the many ways Verizon Online DSL helps people get more out of the Internet and more out of life," said Custis. "Our new selection of gifts reflects this theme, because they help every member of the family make fuller use of their DSL connection. And, we know that people who use their DSL often are happier with the service and are more loyal to their DSL provider, which helps Verizon maintain our leadership position in the industry."
Verizon has more than 1.2 million DSL lines in service in 31 states and the District of Columbia.
Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) is one of the world's leading providers of communications services. Verizon companies are the largest providers of wireline and wireless communications in the United States, with 132.1 million access line equivalents and 29.4 million wireless customers. Verizon is also the largest directory publisher in the world. A Fortune 10 company with more than $67 billion in annual revenues and approximately 247,000 employees, Verizon's global presence extends to more than 40 countries in the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Pacific. For more information on Verizon, visit www.verizon.com.