NEW YORK and SUNNYVALE, Calif. - Subscribers to Verizon Online DSL service can now enjoy Yahoo!® Music Unlimited - a premier online music subscription service - at no charge for three months if they sign up for Verizon Yahoo! for DSL before Oct. 31. It's the latest way Verizon and Yahoo! are creating the best value and richest experience in broadband today.
Yahoo! Music Unlimited allows customers to play tunes from a catalog of more than one million songs, transfer tracks to compatible portable devices and enjoy the unique ability to browse and listen to friends' collections of subscription music and playlists via Yahoo! Messenger. The service also enables subscribers to build personalized music libraries, purchase discounted permanent downloads, and access the service from any Internet-connected computer.
"Today's music scene is an online world," said Brian Price, director, consumer DSL marketing for Verizon. "Yahoo! Music Unlimited is a rich, exciting subscription service that gives customers a way to legitimately access, enjoy and share a vast variety of online music. Verizon Online DSL's fast downstream and upstream speeds give our members a real edge in making the most of this innovative service.
"We are excited to give new Verizon Yahoo! DSL members the ability to listen to all the types of music they enjoy online or on the go," said Dave Goldberg, vice president and general manager, Yahoo! Music. "Yahoo! Music Unlimited gives music lovers the ability to listen to as much music as they want, while utilizing superior innovations in playlist generation and community features to enrich and expand their music experience."
- Yahoo Music Engine: a free music management application that lets consumers rip, mix and burn CDs, import and manage music, and transfer music to portable devices.
- Large Music Library: a continuously growing online catalog of music with more than one million songs, encoded in the highest audio quality (192 Kbs) from major and independent record labels.
- Yahoo!® Messenger Integration: the unique ability for subscribers to browse and listen to friends' subscription music collections and playlists, making it easy to discover music among an online community of friends.
- Music Portability: subscription tracks can be transferred to any portable device that supports the WMA format and Windows Media Digital Rights Management 10 (WM DRM 10).
- Access From Any PC: access to personalized subscription content from any Internet-connected computer.
- Download Purchases: access to a music download store, allowing users to purchase and permanently own songs for 79 cents per track. Purchased downloads can be burned onto CDs, transferred to compatible portable devices, and used on a total of five PCs.
A subscription to Yahoo! Music Unlimited, available for an annual fee of $59.88 or monthly subscription of $6.99, includes:
Verizon and Yahoo! offer a fully integrated DSL service - Verizon Yahoo! for DSL -- to all new and existing Verizon Online members. The service is offered with a range of broadband speeds at affordable prices, including a maximum connection speed of up to 768 kilobits per second downstream (Kbps) and 128 Kbps upstream for just $14.95 a month with an annual service plan or a maximum connection speed of 3.0 megabits per second downstream and 768 Kbps upstream for $19.95 a month for the first three months and $29.95 a month thereafter with an annual service plan. Customers who order online at www.verizon.net/verizonyahoo will get their first month's DSL service free. Additional terms and conditions for the Yahoo! Music Unlimited promotion are also available at this site.
Verizon Yahoo! for DSL also includes a wide variety of premium Yahoo! features at no additional charge, such as extensive online protection, premium e-mail, commercial free LAUNCHcast Plus radio, exclusive on-demand news and entertainment video content and more.
With more than $71 billion in annual revenues, Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ) is one of the world's leading providers of communications services. Verizon has a diverse work force of more than 214,000 in four business units: Domestic Telecom provides customers based in 28 states with wireline and other telecommunications services, including broadband. Verizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 47.4 million voice and data customers across the United States. Information Services operates directory publishing businesses and provides electronic commerce services. International includes wireline and wireless operations and investments, primarily in the Americas and Europe. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.
Yahoo! Inc. is a leading provider of comprehensive online products and services to consumers and businesses worldwide. Yahoo! is the No. 1 Internet brand globally and the most trafficked Internet destination worldwide. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., Yahoo!'s global network includes 25 world properties and is available in 13 languages.