A salute and a thank you.
During Military Appreciation Month, there are many ways to show our gratitude.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
May is Military Appreciation month and a great time for all of us to thank the V Teamers currently serving in our armed forces and those who have served in the past.
Tommy Jones of Talent Acquisition, leader of the Valor ERG and Retired Army First Sergeant, discussed some of the key ways we can get involved:
- Military Spouse Appreciation Day is Friday, May 8. Show your love for those husbands, wives and partners who support those who serve.
- Carry The Load is May 11 to 25. This virtual event offers a chance to get exercise, show your patriotism and get credit on the volunteer platform.
- Write a letter of gratitude to a veteran in a nursing home.
- Operation Gratitude: Say thank you to our servicemembers and first responders who are supporting the nation during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Share in a moment of silence prior to the Memorial Day weekend to pay special tribute to those who have given the ultimate sacrifice.
As a veteran himself, Tommy is proud to be part of the V Team.
“What I love about Verizon is the flag never rolls up,” said Tommy. “We constantly support the military year-round, day in and day out, through different programs, whether it’s activating the National Guard and Reserve to our hiring commitment to our military and veteran customers. These events are a great way for all of us to continue the momentum of supporting our military community.”