Verizon Enterprise Solutions delivers the promise of the connected world. During the fourth quarter of 2017, we helped clients around the globe provide better customer experiences and produce better business results through services such as advanced networking, business communications and managed services. Fourth quarter 2017 highlights include:
Federal Government & Public Safety Initiatives:
- Verizon introduced Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD WAN) to federal government customers. With digital transformation high on the federal priority list, Verizon’s SD WAN for Government is specifically designed to help federal agencies dynamically manage changes in Internet traffic caused by increased demand for cloud and mobile technologies. Federal agencies now have greater choice in maintaining speed and efficiency as they modernize IT systems across the government – without sacrificing security or data privacy.
- The company launched its Public Safety Days series, kicking off with an event in the Philadelphia Metro region on October 19 and subsequent events in Richmond (VA), Orlando, the Washington, DC Metro region, Sacramento and Detroit. The Verizon Public Safety Days are an opportunity for local police, government and public safety agencies and first responders to hear from their peers, Verizon and our technology partners about the work we do to support their mission and the importance of reliable communication in doing their job.
- Virtual Network Services – One offers enterprises of any size a new option for achieving simpler, more centralized billing, better cost control, and lower capital expenses. Verizon Virtual Network Services – One features single line-item, ‘pay-as-you-go’ pricing and billing for hardware, software and management services, and a simpler billing structure.
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions achieved Amazon Web Services (AWS) Networking Competency status. This designation recognizes that Verizon helps customers adopt, develop and deploy networks on AWS. Achieving AWS Networking Competency differentiates Verizon as an AWS Partner Network (APN) member that has demonstrated specialized AWS technical proficiency and has proven customer success with specific focus on networking based on Direct Connect.
- Verizon announced enhancements to its Business Communications portfolio - introducing new functionality for One TalkSM that is well suited for mid-market and multi-location organizations. These new capabilities include workspace collaboration apps featuring group chat and live meetings which can be quickly activated from smartphones, tablets, browsers and desktops; and multi-site business support which allows business customers to set up and manage multiple departments and locations with OneTalk.
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions announced its annual technology and business trends for the year ahead, emphasizing a global business focus on transformation in 2018 as global brands and government agencies look to use technology to better serve their customers, and differentiate themselves from the competition. Trends most likely to impact our global business and government customers in 2018 include Software-Defined Network proliferation, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics to name a few.
- The 4th annual Holiday Retail Index by Verizon Enterprise Solutions returned to offer consumer shopping insights to retailers, distributors, hospitality organizations and other industries that play a pivotal role in the activities and traditions that mark the holiday shopping season. The Holiday Retail Index tracks digital commerce traffic across the company’s broadband networks to the top 25 U.S.-based online retailers.
Featured Customer Success
- Astellas Pharma Inc., based in Tokyo, Japan, selected Verizon Enterprise Solutions’ Secure Cloud Interconnect solution to simply and securely connect to and manage its Amazon Web Services (AWS) deployments. Secure Cloud Interconnect will enhance the centralized governance of Astellas’ IT systems, providing secure, reliable access to its various cloud-hosted global applications, whilst also giving Astellas the flexibility to quickly expand its overall cloud deployment to support future growth.