Verizon launched unified IT service delivery platform for U.S. public sector
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
NEW YORK – Verizon Enterprise Solutions today released managed IT services designed to help United States federal government agencies manage disparate IT investments and address federal security standards. Verizon Global Enterprise IT Management (GEITM) service provides managed, unified IT service delivery from a platform built to meet the Federal Information Security Management ACT (FISMA) High level requirements. GEITM provides both an operational framework and a unified platform for a variety of IT product and service management functions like network, desktop, server and application management.
“Government agencies are increasingly dependent on digital technology to operate efficiently and provide enhanced services to constituents, and the ever-expanding list of IT products and reporting tools make it difficult to manage and maintain security for these services – particularly in an increased virtual environment,” said Steven LeFrancois, managing director and solutions architect for Verizon Enterprise Solutions public sector division. “Verizon has the deep public sector experience and technology expertise to help agencies manage their enterprise in a more integrated, scalable manner on a platform that addresses the federal government’s security standards and helps deliver a better experience for their constituents.”
The GEITM platform supports a wide range of devices including management of WAN, LAN, security, servers, endpoint, cloud and virtual devices. In addition to being built to meet the High level of FISMA compliance, Verizon has developed a Risk Management Framework (RMF) that will be employed to maintain this compliance once accredited. Also, this platform is tied into the Verizon Government Network Operations Security Center (GNOSC), a facility designed to house Verizon’s most security sensitive clients. For Department of Defense agencies, GEITM is built to meet DoD 8500 and DOD RMF standard and integrate into DoD mission assurance levels.
GEITM delivers the following Verizon-managed services:
- Managed WAN/LAN: Router and switch monitoring, fault isolation and notification, provisioning, configuration, management, and support
- Managed Server: Performance, analytics, orchestration, provisioning of server devices (UNIX, Microsoft® and more)
- Managed Virtual Server: Virtual server provisioning, performance, hypervisor management
- Managed Desktop: Asset Management of end-user devices (desktop, laptop)
- Managed Applications: Performance monitoring of server-based applications
GEITM capabilities include:
- Unifies network, security and IT management platforms
- Built to meet FISMA High requirements
- ITIL based processes
- Delivers Continuous Monitoring
- Built on world-class technology platforms
- Supports services for Networx contracts