BASKING RIDGE, NJ and LAS VEGAS, NV — Beginning today, Verizon Wireless customers can experience a fresh look and feel on a range of new Get It Now® applications as Verizon Wireless marks another mobile phone first with new technology that enables richer mobile experience, and the introduction of popular content previously found only on the PC. The technology, called Adobe Flash Lite, beefs up graphics and animation for Get It Now downloads, including games, ring tones and productivity applications.
Verizon Wireless, along with some of the leading content providers, launched several Get It Now applications today that rely on this new advance in mobile technology, including:
- The Weather Channel® Download this easy to use, graphic-rich application from The Weather Channel to get forecasts, maps in motion and severe weather alerts.
- NBC's The Office Games from Indiagames Play as an office slacker and compete in different office-games that include waste paper basketball, balancing files, fighting a paper war, chair racing and table golf.
- Jungle JimTM and Extreme HangmanTM from SkyZone Entertainment Play the world's two best time-killer games. The traditional hangman takes an absurd twist of comical proportions while Jungle Jim adventures through the jungle by swinging, hopping and avoiding obstacles.
- MovieGoer from Zingy Find a flick with just a few clicks with this nationwide source for movie show times, theaters, reviews, posters and more.
- ShockwaveTM Minis by Shockwave.com Over 30 fun easy-to-play mini-games - puzzles, sports, action and more, including Nickelodeon's "SpongeBob SquarePants" and MTV's "Pimp My Ride." Choose Shockwave Minis Unlimited for unlimited access to all the games for one low monthly subscription price, or Shockwave Minis Arcade to purchase credit packs redeemable for individual Minis.
"We're committed to providing our customers with the best experience on their mobile phones," said Ray Taylor, executive director of data and multimedia services for Verizon Wireless. "All of these applications take advantage of the newest advancements in Flash, giving our Get It Now customers exciting, fresh content that makes their mobile experience even better."
These new Get It Now applications are currently available on four phones from Verizon Wireless, including The V (LG VX9800), Motorola RAZR V3c and V3m and Samsung SCH-a950. Flash Lite is expected to be available on additional handsets in the coming weeks. Download charges for Get It Now applications vary and airtime charges apply when browsing, downloading and using certain applications. Customers need a Get It Now-enabled handset and Verizon Wireless digital service to access the Get It Now virtual store.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 54.8 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
Get It Now is a registered trademark of Verizon Wireless. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.####