IRVINE, CA — Residents in San Bernardino County, California can now make more calls, thanks to Verizon Wireless' construction of new cell sites in Apple Valley, Chino, Fontana, Ontario and San Bernardino.
Network coverage and call capacity have been improved near:
- Apple Valley Kiowa Road and Bear Valley Road; at the intersection of Yucca Loma and Apple Valley Roads and surrounding area
- Chino Central Boulevard from Riverside Drive and West Phillips, including a portion of the 60 Freeway
- Fontana The northern area of California Speedway and along Cherry Avenue near Arrow Highway and Foothill Boulevard; also, along Jurupa Avenue south of Hunter, including surrounding residential area
- Ontario Milliken Avenue between Mission and Jurupa and portion of the 15 Freeway directly to the east
- San Bernardino The 10 Freeway from 10/215 Intersection to the Tippecanoe exit. Also, additional coverage on the campus of California State University at San Bernardino
"A school nurse needs to call a child's parent A college student wants a ride home for the weekend A first responder must e-mail her team Whatever you consider urgent, you can depend on the most reliable national wireless network thanks to our $35 billion investment in it over the past seven years," said John Palmer, regional president of Verizon Wireless.
The company's most reliable network claim is based on network studies performed by the real-life test men and test women throughout the country who inspire Verizon Wireless' national advertising. These engineers conduct more than 750,000 voice call attempts and more than four million data tests quarterly on Verizon Wireless' and other national carriers' networks while traveling over 240,000 miles quarterly in specially equipped, company-owned test vehicles.
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you'd like to schedule an interview or ride-along test drive with a local Verizon Wireless test man or woman, please contact Ken Muché at 949-286-8193 or email@example.com.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving more than 59 million customers. The largest US wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 65,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.####