Chaperone 2.0 From Verizon Wireless Gives Parents More Tools To Locate Loved Ones
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless said today that it has added new features and capabilities to its Chaperone® service, making it easier for parents to keep track of their children or for anyone to keep track of their loved ones when they are using their wireless phones.
Chaperone, originally introduced in 2006, is a convenient way to help determine the location of your child’s cellphone using the Internet or another cellphone. When children carry a Verizon Wireless cellphone while on-the-go, the Chaperone Web site or the Chaperone Parent Get It Now® application can be used to view location information or be notified of the whereabouts of the Chaperone Child phone.
“Parents have told us they appreciate the notification features Chaperone offers because it gives them the security of knowing where their children are and the ability to locate them when they are carrying their wireless phones,” said Mike Lanman, chief marketing officer of Verizon Wireless. “Now, with Chaperone 2.0, we have added new capabilities that make the service even more useful for parents and for kids.”
Together with Usage Controls, Verizon Wireless’ new service announced today, Chaperone 2.0 provides parents with a full family security solution that helps them locate their children and understand what services they are using on their wireless phones.
New Features Available with Chaperone 2.0
Chaperone 2.0 now offers:
- The ability to locate multiple Chaperone Child devices at the same time, either from the Chaperone Parent mobile device or the Chaperone Web site.
- The introduction of Family SMS Messaging: Parents will now be able to send text messages to one or more Chaperone Child phones from the Chaperone Parent mobile device or Chaperone Web site
- Integration with VZ Navigator(SM): When a parent locates a Chaperone Child phone from a Chaperone Parent mobile device with a VZ Navigator subscription, they can automatically open VZ Navigator with the address pre-populated and receive turn-by-turn directions to their child’s location.
- Enhancements to Child Zones®: Parents can now add time and date settings to Child Zone SMS Alerts and schedule Child Zone alerts to be sent to the Chaperone Parent mobile device by text message or by e-mail.
- The capability to add up to four children within the account to each Child Zone.
- A redesigned Chaperone Web site and Chaperone Parent mobile device, making the entire service easier to use and navigate.
Chaperone 2.0 is available today for $9.99 per line per month. For more information, to sign up, or for a full list of Chaperone Parent- and Chaperone Child-capable devices, visit www.verizonwireless.com/chaperone or call 1-800-2 JOIN IN.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 68.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 70,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.