SYRACUSE, NY — In response to growing demand for the company's voice and data services, Verizon Wireless has opened a new Communications Store in Cicero. The new 3,600-square-foot store, located at 8063 Brewerton Road, employs eight people and is the next evolution of the wireless experience, offering customers hands-on interaction with wireless voice, data, music and video services in a sleek, new full-service environment.
The new store is open Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. 9 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. 6 p.m. The telephone number is (315) 752-0423.
"The new store design focuses on giving our customers a hands-on experience with our products and services," said Mark Andrews, director of communication stores for Verizon Wireless' Upstate New York region. "Making it easy for customers to learn about and choose wireless capabilities is one more way we're working to ensure Verizon Wireless continues to lead the industry in customer loyalty."
About the storeThe new Cicero store features:
- A dedicated demo space where customers can explore the latest technology using interactive touch-screens or be guided by product-savvy sales staff.
- More than 55 working models of handsets, PDAs, PC cards and other devices for customers to try.
- A greeter kiosk that allows customers to check in and note the reason for their visit so representatives can quickly assist them.
- A bill payment kiosk that allows customers to make account payments and purchase prepaid minutes quickly and easily using cash, checks or credit/debit cards.
- Customer service and technical support to make it easy for customers to get the help they need from trained in-store staff.
Verizon Wireless has invested more than $45 billion since 2000 to increase network coverage and capacity, and to offer customers the most reliable service available in the nation, including wireless data services such as picture messaging, text messaging and the company's exclusive V CAST service. V CAST brings TV and other multimedia services to wireless phones over Verizon Wireless' high-speed BroadbandAccess wireless network. BroadbandAccess provides average download speeds of 600 kilobits per second (kbps) to 1.4 megabits per second and average upload speeds of 500-800 kbps, translating to being able to download a 1 Megabyte e-mail attachment the equivalent of a small PowerPoint® presentation or a large PDF file in about eight seconds and upload the same-sized file in less than 13 seconds.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 68.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 70,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.####