BASKING RIDGE, NJ — As college students across the United States head back to school this year, many will head to international campuses. The global BlackBerry® Tour™ smartphone from Verizon Wireless is an indispensable tool that can help college students stay connected whether they are studying in London, Paris, Tokyo or Sao Paulo.
With Verizon Wireless Global plans, students can access e-mail in more than 180 destinations – of which more than 70 destinations offer 3G speeds – and use the phone for voice calling in more than 220 destinations. Globetrotting students will enjoy the plethora of features on the BlackBerry Tour that will undoubtedly remind them of home:
- Access to E-mail and Social Networking Applications – Students can quickly and easily access Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones; Flickr™ Photo Uploader for BlackBerry® smartphones; and MySpace® for BlackBerry® smartphones.
- VZ Navigator(SM) Global – Students can get turn-by-turn directions and maps in English while navigating their way through more than 20 destinations, such as Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. This easy-to-use application also marks distances in miles or kilometers and finds restaurants, gas stations, banks/ATMs and other popular spots using the Local Search feature.
- Capturing and Sharing the Adventure – Use the 3.2 megapixel camera to take photos and share the pictures with friends and family. Customers can even geotag their photos.
- Media Player – The BlackBerry Tour with a camera comes pre-installed with a 2 GB microSD™ card with expandable memory of up to 16 GB so students can load up their device with their favorite music and videos for use during long flights, train rides or just when they want to have fun.
- 24/7 Customer Service – All Verizon Wireless customers receive 24/7 customer service to speak to a member of the Global Services Technical Support Team. While abroad, students can use their Verizon Wireless Global Support Calling Card – free with any Verizon Wireless Global Service – to call the global help desk for assistance.
The BlackBerry Tour smartphone from Verizon Wireless is available for $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement for a voice plan with an e-mail feature or an e-mail plan. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
VZ Navigator Global is available for $19.99 per month and includes global and domestic navigation. Customers are encouraged to have a GlobalEmail plan or feature on their accounts, as global pay-per-use charges will apply when downloading or using the application. Customers must download VZ Navigator Global prior to traveling abroad. GlobalEmail monthly plans are $20.00 when added to any Nationwide Email plan.
For more information about global services from Verizon Wireless, visit www.verizonwireless.com/international.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.