BASKING RIDGE, NJ and NEW YORK, NY — Verizon Wireless and CASIO today introduced the new CASIO® G'zOne (pronounced Jeez_wun) Rock to Verizon Wireless' growing line-up of rugged phones. Perfect for customers with active lifestyles, the Rock's advanced G'zGear software operates in six modes, including Earth Compass, Walking Counter, Thermometer, Astro Calendar, Sunrise Sunset and Tides, with the help of its Triple Sensor technology. Whether your lifestyle has the demands of an avid fisher, hunter, hiker or climber, the Rock is prepared to handle life's most challenging obstacles while providing directional information, Push to Talk capabilities and connectivity over the nation's largest and most reliable wireless voice and 3G network.
Available color: Matte black
- Tough Technology design that can withstand water, shock, dust, vibration, humidity, salt fog, solar radiation, altitude, and high and low temperature storage (conforms to MIL-STD-810F)
- 2.0 megapixel camera with still flash, video capture and LED light
- Stereo Bluetooth®
- Touch-sensitive music controls on the sub-display
- One-touch open button
- Clear Talk
- Push to Talk capabilities that leverage Verizon Wireless' Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO) Revision A (Rev. A) network for fast two-way communication
- G'zGear (six outdoor applications)
- Earth Compass functions as a standard compass; GPS shows the distance from and directions to over 40 domestic and worldwide locations
- Walking Counter measures steps, time, distance, speed and energy consumption Thermometer shows current temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Astro Calendar provides the moon's age and days until a full or new moon
- Sunrise Sunset shows the current time and position of the sun and times for sunrise and sunset for current, past and future dates; allows you to view times for select major cities; shows the ratio of day and night in numbers and graphs
- Tides shows the tidal graph for the day; shows the time of ebb and flood tides; shows the time of sunrise and sunset; shows past and future sea tide levels; shows tidal graphs for 100 locations made available by Surfline's webcams, and GPS will show the nearest location; shows the current tide and the best time for fishing
- Supports Verizon Wireless services, including V CAST Music with Rhapsody, V CAST Video and VZ Navigator(SM)
- microSD storage up to 16 GB for high-quality photos, music and more
- Speakerphone with front-facing stereo speaker
- Field Force Manager-capable a resource management tool that provides businesses with the ability to locate and communicate with their mobile field workers
Pricing and availability:
- The CASIO G'zOne Rock is $149.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted. Verizon Wireless customers can add Unlimited Push to Talk for $5 per month per line to any qualifying Nationwide voice plan.
- Customers can purchase the CASIO G'zOne Rock beginning Nov. 20 online at www.verizonwireless.com, through business sales channels, or by calling 1-800-2 JOIN IN. It will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning Nov. 30.
- For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers can contact their Business Sales Representatives at 1-800-VZW-4BIZ.
(EDITOR'S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the CASIO G'zOne Rock in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving 89 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NASDAQ and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Casio Hitachi Mobile Communications Co., Ltd. Casio Hitachi Mobile Communications Co., Ltd. was established on April 1, 2004, as a joint venture between Casio Computer Co., Ltd. and Hitachi, Ltd. The company brings together the many highly competitive technological assets possessed by Casio and Hitachi to provide customers with highly innovative and reliable mobile phone products packed with cutting-edge technologies. For more information visit our website at www.ch-mobile.com or www.CasioToughPhones.com####