LAS VEGAS, NV, and BASKING RIDGE, NJ — From CTIA WIRELESS 2010®, Verizon Wireless offers its customers some home-grown apps to help manage their lives while traveling. Running on the largest and most reliable wireless voice and 3G data network, applications in the Android Market™ give customers the freedom to do almost anything while on the go.
This week’s highlighted apps in the Verizon Channel in the Android Market include:
- My Verizon – Customers can use this free app to access their Verizon Wireless accounts to get balances, usage numbers and payment information and to update features, services and Family SharePlan® lines.
- Visual Voice Mail – Instead of dialing in to voice mail, customers can use Visual Voice Mail ($2.99 monthly subscription) to access and manage voice mail messages by scrolling through their inboxes to pick the messages they need to listen to, delete or reply to. Customers can choose to respond to their voice mails immediately via text message or callback.
- V CAST Media Manager – This free app allows customers to move and organize pictures, videos and music between their computers and DROID by Motorola smartphones. Customers can edit photos, create photo albums to e-mail to their friends, import song playlists, and rip and burn CDs.
- Verizon FiOS Mobile – With Verizon FiOS Mobile, customers will never worry about missing their favorite TV programming. This free app allows customers to remotely program their Verizon FiOS DVRs with their DROID by Motorola smartphones. They can also browse and search TV program listings and view lists of recorded programs wherever they are.
- FiOS Mobile Remote – FiOS Mobile Remote lets customers control their FiOS TVs from their phones. With FiOS Mobile Remote, customers can view photos stored on their DROID by Motorola smartphones on their TV screens for easy viewing. This free app also allows customers to mute their TVs when they receive phone calls.
- VZW Tones 4.0 – This free app allows customers to preview, purchase and manage all of the latest and greatest ringtones and ringback tones, all from their DROID by Motorola smartphones.
- ScanLife Barcode Reader – Together with ScanBuy, Verizon Wireless is helping customers use the cameras on their DROID by Motorola smartphones. Customers can scan a barcode to view product price comparisons without sending, typing or searching. This free app turns DROID into a 2D barcode scanner that recognizes all major barcodes.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 91 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.