BISMARCK, ND — To celebrate ten years of wireless service in North Dakota under the Verizon Wireless brand, the company is hosting special “Decade in the Dakotas” anniversary celebration events this weekend, July 16-18.
“Over the last ten years we have continually invested in our network in North Dakota and consistently provided the latest devices so residents have the ability to connect with their world in the ways that are most important to them,” said Seamus Hyland, president-Great Plains Region, Verizon Wireless. “Ten years ago consumers relied on their phones for voice calls alone. Today they utilize the latest smartphones and applications on our 3G high-speed network throughout the state to text, e-mail, update their social media sites, shoot and upload photos and videos or download multimedia files. We look forward to continuing to improve our service for the residents of North Dakota for many more years.”
Here are ten examples of Verizon Wireless’ commitment to its North Dakota customers:
- NETWORK INVESTMENT: Verizon Wireless has invested more than $166 million in its North Dakota network to increase coverage and capacity and add new services since 2001.
- COMMITMENT TO THE COMMUNITY: The company’s exclusive national HopeLine® phone recycling and reuse program benefits domestic violence awareness and prevention.
- CRISIS RESPONSE: The Verizon Wireless Emergency Response Team is ready 24/7 to help government agencies and non-profit organizations when there is a crisis such as the North Dakota floods.
- CONVENIENT LOCATIONS: Verizon Wireless offers 88 convenient Corporate Communications Stores and Authorized Retailers for consumers to shop in North Dakota – more than any other wireless carrier.
- THE BEST SELECTION OF CUTTING-EDGE DEVICES: Consumers can choose from the latest devices, including Android™, BlackBerry®, Windows® and Palm® smartphones.
- FRIENDS & FAMILY REFERRAL REWARDS: An opportunity for customers to earn money on Verizon: If they refer an eligible friend or family member, both will receive a $25 Verizon Wireless Rewards Visa® Debit Card.
- HIGHEST RANKED CUSTOMER SERVICE: Customers named Verizon Wireless the provider with the “Highest Ranked Customer Service Performance, Two Times in a Row,” according to a recent J.D. Power and Associates study.
- NEW CONTENT ONLY FROM VERIZON WIRELESS: NFL Mobile gives consumers exclusive, live action coverage of games, stats, scores, NFL RedZone and more. Skype mobile™ offers unlimited Skype-to-Skype voice calling and instant messaging to more than 520 million Skype users around the globe from anywhere on America’s Most Reliable Wireless Network.
- FAMILY SECURITY: Verizon Wireless offers a Family Security service to filter unwanted content and manage a family’s usage through Verizon Wireless Safeguards online at My Verizon.
- AWARD-WINNING GLOBAL SERVICE: Not only does Verizon Wireless offer a wide selection of global devices, including the new BlackBerry Bold™, there is also voice and data coverage in more than 200 countries worldwide. In fact, Business Traveler readers voted Verizon “Best Wireless Data Provider in the World” two years in a row.
Consumers are invited to the anniversary weekend events at the Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in Bismarck, Fargo and Grand Forks or at the following authorized retailer locations: Cellular Communications in Bismarck, Dickinson, Minot, Jamestown, Fargo and Grand Forks; Northstar Telcom in Bismarck, Fargo and Grand Forks; Wired in Bismarck, Mandon and Minot; or Z Wireless in Devils Lake and Grand Forks. For store location information visit www.verizonwireless.com/storelocator.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving nearly 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 81,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.