SCHERERVILLE, IN — Verizon Wireless has opened a new, state-of-the-art Communications Store at 1577 U.S. Highway 41 in Schererville. The new Verizon Wireless location offers consumers a high-tech, hands-on experience, providing them with the latest and most innovative products and services.
Stephanie Kalandyk, of Wheaton, Ill., has been named store manager.
“Wireless technology is ever evolving and consumers are more in-tune with the industry than ever before,” said T.J. Fox, president – Northwest Indiana/Illinois/Wisconsin Region, Verizon Wireless. “This new location and creative store design puts customers in the driver’s seat and enables them to experience our latest technology firsthand – a shopping experience currently not offered by any other wireless provider.”
The 4,000-square-foot store showcases a highly interactive retail concept, and its design integrates a number of systems and operational enhancements devised to streamline the sales process and increase customer satisfaction. Among the new store’s features are:
- Oversized high-definition plasma screens showcasing the latest wireless multimedia applications such as V CAST and Get It Now®.
- A bright, open demo bar where customer interaction is guided by a product-savvy sales staff, and where customers can get a sense of the look and feel of a broad range of equipment and services.
- More than 50 working models of handsets, air cards and other devices for customers to handle and test.
- A greeter kiosk that enables customers to check in electronically before browsing the store and then talk with a representative who will already have their account background and reason for visiting the store keyed up on the customer-service computer.
- A bill payment kiosk that enables customers to pay their bills quickly and easily using checks, cash or credit/debit cards.
- Customer Service and Technical Support departments that make it easy for customers to get account information and service and address technical issues from the trained in-store staff.
The new Verizon Wireless Communications Store in Schererville is open Monday through Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The store’s phone number is 219-322-5406.
Stay in the know about Verizon Wireless news in the Northwest Indiana Region by following @vzwcarolyn on Twitter at http://twitter.com/vzwcarolyn. For the latest network-related news, information and upgrades, follow @VZWNetwork on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNetwork.
About Verizon Wireless in Indiana In Indiana, Verizon Wireless has more than 550 employees and 37 company-owned retail locations in 23 cities, including Anderson, Avon, Bloomington, Carmel, Columbus, Elkhart, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Greenwood, Indianapolis, Kokomo, Lafayette, Lawrence, Mishawaka, Merrillville, Muncie, Noblesville, Plainfield, Portage, South Bend, Terre Haute, Valparaiso and Warsaw.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 92 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 79,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.