BIRMINGHAM, AL — Verizon Wireless has opened a new retail location at the Summit next to Urban Outfitters. The first in the greater Birmingham area to feature the company’s new open floor plan design, the new store connects the service center and sales floor to offer added support for its customers. The new store is open for business and will hold its official grand opening ribbon cutting ceremony at 8:30 a.m. July 22. Representatives from the Birmingham Business Alliance will be onsite to share in the celebration.
In honor of the grand opening of the Summit store, Verizon Wireless will present a $2500 HopeLine® grant to the YWCA of Central Alabama at the ceremony to support its domestic violence services. The YWCA is an organization of women that identifies and responds to the needs of women and families of all races and religions. They are a member of the Alabama Coalition Against Domestic Violence and offer secure shelter to women escaping abusive relationships.
The Summit Verizon Wireless location features the company’s new open floor plan concept that removes the walls between the service area and sales floor, making the entire store one department designed to streamline the sales process and enhance the customer experience. The store showcases a highly interactive retail concept, and offers consumers a more high tech, hands-on experience, providing them with the latest and most innovative products and services. Among the new store’s features are:
- Oversized high-definition plasma screens showcasing the latest wireless multimedia applications such as V CAST and Get It Now®.
- A bright, open Demo Bar where customer interaction is guided by a product-savvy sales staff, and where customers can get a sense of the look and feel of a broad range of equipment and services.
- More than 70 working models of handsets, air cards and other devices for customers to handle and test.
- A Check-In Station that enables customers to check in electronically before browsing the store and then talk with a representative who will already have their account background and reason for visiting the store keyed up on the customer-service computer.
- A Bill Payment Kiosk that enables customers to pay their bills quickly and easily using checks, cash or credit/debit cards.
“We are excited to add this store at the Summit, which is a convenient and popular location,” said Jeff Mango, president Verizon Wireless Georgia/Alabama Region. “It makes sense for us to be in one of Birmingham’s most well-known shopping destinations as we are not only providing support to our customers but also offering shoppers all the latest in wireless technology including a wide selection of smartphones, tablets and more.”
Additional grand opening events for the Summit store that are taking place throughout the weekend of July 22-24 include giveaways and special offers on select Android devices.
The Summit store is open Monday through Saturday 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.; and Sunday Noon – 6 p.m. The telephone number is (205) 968-0863. Verizon Wireless Communications Stores offer a premier line of digital wireless phones and tablets in all price ranges, data services and accessories.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 104 million total wireless connections, including more than 88 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.