LAS VEGAS, NV and BASKING RIDGE, NJ — From the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Verizon Wireless today announced the new BlackBerry® Curve™ 9370 smartphone will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com on Jan. 19.
The slim and stylish BlackBerry Curve 9370 delivers the ultimate mobile communications and social experiences with a highly refined and integrated suite of phone, email, messaging and social apps to keep users connected and productive throughout the day. It is ergonomically designed with a comfortable and iconic keyboard for fast, accurate typing and an optical trackpad for easy, one-handed navigation.
The new BlackBerry Curve 9370 is also the first Global Ready ™ BlackBerry Curve for Verizon Wireless. Running on the Verizon Wireless 3G network and powered by the new BlackBerry® 7 operating system, customers will experience features such as the newest release of BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger version 6) and an updated Social Feeds app. The premium version of Documents To Go is also included at no additional cost, offering customers enhanced document editing features as well as a native PDF document viewer.
- 3G coverage on the nation’s most reliable network
- Global Ready – Quad-band with support for GSM, GPRS and EDGE, allowing customers to enjoy wireless voice and data service in more than 200 countries
- Support for Near Field Communications (NFC), enables many capabilities, including the ability to pair accessories or read SmartPoster tags with a simple tap of the smartphone
- 5-megapixel camera with flash
- 2.44-inch display
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- Bluetooth® 2.1
- microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB cards
- 2 GB microSD™ card pre-installed
Pricing and availability:
- BlackBerry Curve 9370 smartphone will be available for $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- Customers that purchase a BlackBerry Curve 9370 smartphone will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.
BlackBerry 7.1 Update
BlackBerry 7.1 will soon be available for the BlackBerry Bold 9930 smartphone and the BlackBerry Torch 9850 smartphone. Customers will be able to take advantage of mobile hotspot capabilities on both smartphones. Customers will be able to share their 3G connection with up to 5 Wi-Fi enabled devices. The BlackBerry Curve 9370 will also be upgraded to 7.1 in an upcoming software update.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the BlackBerry® Curve™ 9370 smartphone in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 107.7 million total wireless connections, including 90.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with nearly 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.