Yahoo Launches New Multipurpose App with Customized News, Sports, Weather and More
Available on iOS and Android, new member-centric experience allows consumers to engage with Yahoo brands original video content, and “Deal of the Day” offers
NEW YORK – November 14, 2018 – Verizon Media Group/Oath today announced the launch of the new Yahoo app, a “one-stop shop” for all of your favorite Yahoo products available on iOS and Android.
The new multi-purpose Yahoo app provides the best of Yahoo in one place for a cohesive, seamless experience. The signed-in experience is tailored to member preferences and location. It serves as a daily guide, surfacing local weather, your favorite sports teams’ scores and game highlights, top news stories, stock quotes and market news, daily deals, original video content, web search and more, in one app.
App users will also receive unique offers and special perks this holiday season and beyond, including a “Deal of the Day” from partners like eBay beginning November 14. Users can manage and access Yahoo Mail, browse deals from retailers like Groupon, and get notified when deals are about to expire.
Other app highlights include:
- Membership: A logged-in experience optimized for a user’s location and specific preferences. Engage with content and services from your favorite Yahoo products, including Yahoo Mail, Yahoo Sports, and Yahoo Finance.
- Weather & Horoscope: Plan your day with local weather forecasts and a personalized daily horoscope.
- Explore & Interact: Keep up with the latest news and entertainment stories, your favorite sports teams’ scores and highlights, real-time stock quotes from your watchlist, market news, and much more.
- Search: Search and browse nearby shops, restaurants, movie times and anything else you'd find from the web.
- Watch: The Watch tab provides the latest and most popular videos from across the Yahoo ecosystem, curated by Yahoo editors daily.
- Deals & Shopping: Exclusive access to special offers from partners and daily deals on Yahoo and your Yahoo Mail inbox.
- Sign In With Any Account: Flexible sign-in with your Yahoo Mail account or non-Yahoo email address, including Gmail, Outlook and AOL.
“Our new Yahoo app offers a seamless way to discover and engage with what consumers value most across our ecosystem, all in a convenient and customizable experience that continues to deepen our relationship with members,” said Tenni Theurer, GM of Yahoo Home. “Through content, commerce and community, we’re looking forward to continuing to unlock more value for our members through rewards, features and services for today, tomorrow, and beyond.”