Blizzard of snaps, streams and shares forecast for Super Bowl LII
Verizon boosts network capacity by 500 percent in Minneapolis/Saint Paul for football fandom
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
A “blizzard” of data usage is in the forecast for Super Bowl LII. To ensure you can have the best experience at football’s biggest game, over the past two years, we’ve increased wireless data capacity by more than 500 percent, added LTE Advanced technology and permanent new infrastructure to the Verizon network in Minneapolis/Saint Paul. The permanent new network enhancements will boost performance in U.S. Bank Stadium and areas of anticipated high demand, including Super Bowl LIVE, Super Bowl Experience, popular tourist attractions, airports, hotels, venues and other special event locations throughout the Twin Cities area.
- 24 new permanent cell sites
- 230+ permanent small cell sites
- Doubling of network capacity on Nicollet Mall with a new small cell/design solution inside new bus shelters
- LTE Advanced features added to the 4G LTE network for greater capacity and faster peak data speeds
- 48 percent more antennas added to Verizon’s Distributed Antenna System (DAS) at the Stadium in 2017
- A new neutral host DAS system at Mall of America® boosting Verizon’s network capacity by 900 percent
- A new neutral host DAS system at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport adding new 4G LTE coverage in tunnels, boosting Verizon’s network capacity throughout the airport by more than 1,000 percent
Handrail antennas in U.S. Bank Stadium
230+ small cells: target capacity where needed
Super Bowl LIVE: unique bus shelter design
U.S. Bank stadium: state-of-the-art DAS system
Matsing Balls are a first in an NFL Stadium at U.S. Bank Stadium
Event ready throughout Twin Cities
Real-Time network monitoring
LTE Advanced technology: greater capacity and speeds