Don’t forget about our match program.
Have your donation go even further to help those in need.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
As Hans shared on yesterday’s Up to Speed Live, the Verizon Foundation has committed $10 million to social justice organizations, shared equally with these groups:
- The National Urban League, a historic civil rights organization dedicated to economic empowerment, equality, and social justice.
- The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) whose mission is to secure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights in order to eliminate race-based discrimination and ensure the health and well-being of all persons.
- National Action Network, a leading civil rights organization in the nation.
- Leadership Conference for Civil and Human Rights, managed by the Leadership Conference Education Fund, which is a coalition of more than 200 diverse national organizations whose mission is to promote and protect the civil and human rights of all people.
- Rainbow Push Coalition, a multi-racial, multi-issue, managed by the Citizenship Education Fund, is a progressive, international membership organization fighting for social change.
- National Coalition on Black Civic Participation dedicated to increasing civic engagement and voter participation in Black and underserved communities.
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, a leading legal organization fighting for racial justice.
At Verizon, we are proud to have a match program to double the impact of your donation of $25 or more. Employees are eligible for a match of $1,000 per year to eligible nonprofits and $5,000 to eligible higher education nonprofits, for a total annual match benefit of $6,000.
Should you want to donate to any of the organizations listed above, we will make sure your dollars are doubled within allowable thresholds. Head here to learn more and get the process started.
Every dollar counts and all donations, no matter the amount, make a difference.
Volunteer to make a difference.
In these times, it’s important to remember you are not alone. Whenever you sign up to volunteer, your actions are matched by 135,400 fellow V Teamers creating a groundswell of global good. With over 150 virtual events on our Volunteer Platform, you can have an immediate impact by offering your time and skills to help our most vulnerable community members.
Also, please raise your hand to recommend a volunteer opportunity that is helping the Black community increase equity and push for racial justice. We want to hear from V Teamers on the front lines who are working with organizations that lift up communities and advocate for civil and human rights. We have the power to make a profound difference through our collective actions and united response.