What is… Verizon, Andy?
Answer: This company made more big news this week.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
Wednesday night’s episode of “Jeopardy!” put Verizon on the game show board.
Here was the clue under “Tech Talk” for $200:
“In 2019 Verizon sold the world’s first phone with this alphanumeric designation, the next generation…”
V Teamers, we all know the answer, right?
What is 5G? Correct!
Inspired by Alex Trebek’s iconic quiz show, we’re presenting this week’s “Up To Speed: Week In Review” with a little game show flair. Pick up your buzzers and check out the clip!
This Monday, we got an inside look into our 5G lab in Washington, DC, which is dedicated to developing tech for first responders and public safety.
On Tuesday, we followed Craig Silliman, who travelled to Chicago to launch Unidos, a digital literacy program for Latino communities, and to Sioux Falls, SD, to announce 5G.
And then on Wednesday, the rundown was sponsored by the letter C, where Andy and Raquel featured cool new tech from Waze adopting the Cookie Monster’s voice and an app that summarizes books to a five-minute read.
Thursday, we went high fashion with a new partnership with Coach, where we introduced stylish phone cases just in time for the holiday season.
The November Leadership Forum webcast is on November 18 at 11 AM ET/8 AM PT. We will have viewing parties in Reading, UK, Sunnyvale, CA, Irving, TX and Basking Ridge, NJ, so many of you can take part in the event live!
And, congrats to these winners who will attend a premiere event for The Mandalorian on Wednesday, November 13. You can also watch the event live on the Verizon Twitter feed. Winners will get an email with more details.
- Alex Gajardo - Miami, FL
- Alexander Knox - Temple Terrace, FL
- Ashley Indart - Miami, FL
- Brooke Venegas - San Francisco, CA
- Camilo Mejia - Miami, FL
- Craig Kitayama - Riverside, CA
- Deanna Weldon - Rolling Meadows, IL
- Ed Cleaver - Basking Ridge, NJ
- Elvia Chavez - Orange, CA
- Jami Himmelberger - Anderson, IN
- Jelmi Perez - Monterey, CA
- Jose Loor - Miami, FL
- Joseph Echols - Rolling Meadows, IL
- Joseph Mulvania - Beaverton, OR
- Kelsey Noreen Peterson - Basking Ridge, NJ
- Kyung Kim - Los Angeles, CA
- Lauren C. Craker - Tampa, FL
- Mark Henderson - Livingston, NJ
- Marvin Bearden - Lake Mary, FL
- Matthew Kajioka - Walnut Creek, CA
- Michael Ritter - Eureka, CA
- Miguel Angel Reynoso - Lake Mary, FL
- Monika Elisabeth Koerdt - Walnut Creek, CA
- Naveen Jami - Basking Ridge, NJ
- Omar Delgado - Irvine, CA
- Patrick Logan - Greenwood, IN
- Rishil Bisnath - Miami, FL
- Ricardo-Andres Lopez Rangel - Temple Terrace, FL
- Tyrai Thomas - Rolling Meadows, IL
- Vaughn Mallery - Turnersville, NJ