Verizon’s wireless network named #1 for the 10th time in a row, according to RootMetrics by IHS Markit®
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
BASKING RIDGE, NJ – The nation’s most rigorous, independent scientific study has recognized Verizon as the #1 wireless network in the country for a record 10th consecutive time. According to RootMetrics’ new National RootScore® Report released today, Verizon was again unbeaten in every category including overall network performance, reliability, data, speed, call and text.
According to RootMetrics
- “Verizon’s performance in our national testing remained outstanding and far stronger than that of any other carrier.”
- “Verizon delivers another stellar performance - With far more State RootScore Awards than any other carrier, Verizon again led the way…”
- “Verizon remained the top performer in our metro area testing, once again earning the highest total of metro area RootScore awards at 602.”
- “Fast, faster, fastest: Verizon recorded median download speeds of 20 Mbps or faster in more markets (106) than any other network.”
Widening the lead
“Our overwhelming lead over the competition has never been more important as we build for the future,” said Nicola Palmer, Chief Network Engineering Officer and Head of Wireless Networks at Verizon. “RootMetrics’ report not only confirms Verizon continues to deliver the nation’s best, most reliable wireless 4G LTE network, it also points to the significant gap between our network’s performance and all the others.”
- Nationally, and in the majority of states and metro areas tested, Verizon was #1 in overall performance and reliability.
- For network reliability, Verizon was unbeaten in 111 of the 125 metro areas tested (89%).
- We were unbeaten in overall performance in 47 states (up from 45 in their last report).
- We increased the number of markets in which our network delivered median download speeds of at least 20 Mbps from 71 to 106, the highest number of any carrier.
Our total number of state awards is more than double that of our next-closest competitor and eight times greater than another (259 to 32). In addition, our total awards increased by 10 since the previous report.
No matter how you test it, Verizon is the industry leader in network performance
Nationwide, we are consistently recognized for providing a superior network experience by a wide range of independent third parties. According to the latest J.D. Power Wireless Network Quality Performance Study, Verizon ranked highest in all six regions and, for the 21st time in a row, received more awards than any other wireless provider.* Other third party recognition includes:
- The largest 4G LTE footprint “by far” on the U.S. Interstate System in the recent Connectivity on Interstates Report by P3**
- Best in video streaming, based on analysis of data collected nationally by Nielsen***
- The best real-world download speeds according to Tutela****
Building the future
Verizon is leading the way with several recent technology firsts and the promise of much more to come.
- 4G LTE Advanced: We’ve continued to aggressively deploy the latest 4G LTE Advanced technologies this year including; delivering the triple crown - 4X4 MIMO, 256 QAM and carrier aggregation to 1,100 markets. In combination, these three technologies provide significantly faster peak data speeds and capacity for our customers.
- 5G: Verizon will be the first to launch wireless residential broadband services in four U.S. markets in 2018, including Sacramento, LA and Houston. At The Alley in NYC, home of Verizon’s 5G incubator in New York’s Chelsea neighborhood, innovators are developing, refining and demonstrating ways 5G networks will change the ways we live, learn, work and play.
To learn more about the work our engineers are doing, check out these videos on why we’re Best For a Good Reason.