BASKING RIDGE, NJ and SAN DIEGO, CA — Verizon Wireless and LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. (LG Mobile Phones) announced today the exclusive availability of the LG enV. A successor to The V by LG, the enV is the ultimate wireless phone offering an abundance of fun and functional multimedia features: including V CAST and V CAST Music, VZ NavigatorSM, an integrated QWERTY keyboard, Bluetooth® capabilities, dual speakers and features LG's first ever integrated 2.0 megapixel camera and camcorder with autofocus and lens cover.
The enV is the perfect device for V CAST and V CAST Music customers. With over 1.4 million songs to choose from in the Verizon Wireless V CAST Music store, customers can download the latest hits and play the songs they love whenever they like. A separately purchased external memory microSD card allows customers to move their own music or video clips from their computer to the phone. Plus, customers can take their music experience to the next level by pairing the device with a Bluetooth Stereo headset, to enjoy the rich, full sound of their favorite songs wirelessly.
Complementing its robust mobile entertainment features, the enV comes equipped with a slide-out QWERTY keypad for easy access to messaging applications including Wireless Sync, the proprietary e-mail solution from Verizon Wireless. With Wireless Sync, customers can synchronize their enV with a home or office PC for easy access to new emails, calendar, contact, and task information. Additionally, the enV is equipped with a powerful 2.0 megapixel camera. Not only will it take remarkably clear images and videos (320x240), but also it boasts a convenient autofocus function and bright flash so users will be able to capture memorable moments on the go.
"By showing off its full set of mobile entertainment features, the enV makes it easier than ever for Verizon Wireless customers to stay connected while enjoying music, videos and email in one slim package," said Mr. Jeff Hwang, senior vice president of marketing and product strategy, LG Electronics MobileComm Inc. "As yet another progression in mobile phone technology, the enV signifies a giant step forward for LG in our pursuit to provide cutting-edge devices to Verizon Wireless' tech savvy consumers. Through listening to consumer demand we've taken a great product like The V and made it even better by adding a higher-resolution camera with lens cover, expanded music capability through Bluetooth stereo headset functionality and re-designed it to fit comfortably fit in the palm of your hand."
Already equipped with VZ NavigatorSM -capabilities, the enV is ready for the road. VZ Navigator uses Location Based Services (LBS), including mapping, audible turn-by-turn navigation and the ability to find over 14 million points of interest (like ATMs, restaurants and gas stations) for $2.99 a day or $9.99 monthly. The enV comes with a 2.2 inch internal color LCD, which enhances the easy-to-understand mapping capabilities of VZ Navigator.
The enV by LG, exclusively available through Verizon Wireless, includes the following features:
- Stylish design with internal antenna
- QWERTY Keyboard for easy messaging
- Simultaneous GPS for Enhanced Location Accuracy
- 2.0 megapixel autofocus camera with flash and camcorder
- Camera resolution: 1600x1200, 1280x960, 640x480(default), 320x240 pixels
- Protective camera lens cover
- Self-Timer: 3, 5 or 10 Seconds
- LCD Dual Mode for self-portraits
- Customizable brightness, white balance, shutter sound, color effects, night mode1
- Video Resolution: 320x240, 176x144 pixels; video format: 3G2
- Video Player for MP4, 3GP, 3G2, WMV formats
- Functionality to allow videos to be set as wallpaper
- Capability to record up to one hour of video
- Video Message Mode record up to 15 seconds of video
- Digital Zoom: up to 2.5 times2
- V CAST-Capable
- V CAST Music download songs over the air or transfer your own music collection onto removable microSD memory cards3
- V CAST Video and 3D Games download or stream video clips from the best names in news, sports, entertainment and more or download the latest 3D games from top providers
- Music player with customizable audio effects and user interface player themes that support mp3 and WMA formats
- My Music Allows users to manage play lists. Songs are automatically organized by artist, genre and album.
- Music Only Mode (RF off except Bluetooth)
- MicroSD memory port - store music, customer generated pictures, video and sounds Dual Speakers for stereo sound
- Bluetooth Capable (v1.1) compatible with devices that support the headset, handsfree4, Serial Port (SPP), file transfer, audio/video remote control, basic printing, human interface device, Dial Up Networking (DUN), and Object Push (OPP) profile for vCard5 exchange.
- Advanced audio distribution Profile (for Bluetooth stereo headset support for listening to music)
- Save up to 20 Bluetooth pairings
- Send vCard to another Bluetooth Device
- Wireless Sync E-mail (BREW® e-mail Client) capability
- TXT, PIX and FLIX Messaging-enabled send and receive messages with text, sounds and customer generated photos and videos
- Up to 1,120 character of text for TXT Messaging
- Get It Now®-capable download games, ring tones, wallpapers and more Mobile Web 2.0SM-capable customizable, enhanced wireless access for the latest in news, sports, weather and more
- Web-Based e-mail and instant messaging
- One-touch speakerphone
- Text to Speech, so text messages can be heard aloud
- Speaker-Independent voice recognition
- Voice Memo Recording 1 minute in standby or 5 minutes during a call
- 13 unique ring tones and vibrate/silent modes
- VZ Navigator- capable get audible turn by turn directions and location information from the phone to morethan 14 million points of interest
- Personal Tools: calendar, alarm clock, notepad, world clock, calculator and EZ Tip calculator tools
- Speed Dial (95 entries and pre-programmed entries for voice mail, #BAL, #MIN, #PMT)
- 1,000 address book contacts with five numbers, two e-mail addresses and a picture ID for each entry
- TTY/TDD Support
- Hearing Aid Compatible (M3-Rating)
- Standalone Mode (RF Off)
- Technology: CDMA
- Frequency: 1.9 GHz CDMA PCS, 800 MHz CDMA (digital dual-band)
- Data Transmission: high-speed EV-DO (where available) and 1xRTT
- Dimensions: 4.64" (h) x 2.08" (w) x 0.78" (d)
- Weight: 4.60 oz.
- Internal LCD: 262K Color TFT, 240 x 320 Pixels, 11 Lines
- External LCD: 65K Color TFT, 128 x 160 Pixels, 8 Lines
- Standard Battery: 950 mAh Li-Polymer
- Usage Time of up to four hours 30 Minutes or 19 days four hours of standby time6
1. Available in both video and camera modes2. Varies by image size. Camera setting of 1600x1200 pixels does not support zoom function3. Not all downloaded content may be moved to the microSD card. Memory card sold separately. 4. For Bluetooth vehicle/accessory compatibility, go to www.verizonwireless.com/bluetoothchart5. Phone does not support all Bluetooth® OBEX profiles. 6. Certain features may use more power and cause actual standby and talk time to vary
The enV by LG is available today at more than 2,200 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores including those in Circuit City and on www.verizonwireless.com for $149.99 after a $50 rebate with a new two-year activation. V CAST Music songs cost $0.99 if purchased from the PC or $1.99 if purchased and downloaded over the air onto a V CAST Music phone. For more information on LG Electronics please visit www.lgusa.com.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 57 million customers. The largest US wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 60,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics, Inc. LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 06657.KS) is the global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications, employing more than 72,000 people working in over 120 operations including 80 subsidiaries around the world. Comprised of four business units: Mobile Communications, Digital Appliance, Digital Display and Digital Media with global sales at USD 34.7 billion (consolidated USD 43.4 billion) as of 2005, LG Electronics is the world's leading provider of CDMA handsets, residential air conditioners, plasma panels, optical storage products, DVD players and home theatre system. For more information, please visit www.lge.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is the world's leading provider of UMTS (WCDMA), CDMA and GSM handsets, which have been designed to improve the value of customer life. With a total range of wired and wireless solutions, the company is rapidly establishing a global presence and growing its international market share in 3G handsets. For more information please visit www.lgusa.com.####